Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Galleries

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user's images are getting rendered on the frontend without their ALT or Title attributes

Solution:

This issue has been fixed in our latest version of Toolset so this issue should no longer occur

0% of people find this useful.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.35 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by ELAN42 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hello,
When I add a media (image) to a gallery in a custom post type, it gets rendered without any alt text or title.

Images added in any other place (regular post types or Toolset wysiwg field) work as expected.

How can I sole this? Thank you.

Hi, can you be more specific about the type of gallery you are referring to? Is this a WordPress gallery shortcode, or a Block editor block, or a 3rd-party gallery plugin, or something else? Can you show me a URL where I can see this gallery?

To create a slideshow, we have used an Image custom field, accepting multiple values: that's our gallery. On the front-end it is shown by a foreach loop.

The link is this one, but you'll need access:
hidden link

Please, enable the private reply so we can provide the login.

Private reply fields are enabled here, thanks.

Hi, Views 2.8.4 was just released and it includes a fix for the missing alt and title attributes. You should be able to use the automatic update feature to update the the latest version. Please try that and let me know if the issue is not resolved. Thanks!

Hi Christian,
I updated to Views 2.8.4 and I uploaded a new image to check but nothing has changed: title and alt text are still missing.

Okay strange, can you try these troubleshooting steps next?
- Make sure your WordPress installation is up-to-date.
- Temporarily switch to a default theme like Twenty Nineteen.
- Temporarily deactivate all plugins except Types, Views and Maps. If you want to leave the Under Construction plugin active that's okay.
- Test again. If the problem is resolved, reactivate your theme and plugins one by one until the problem returns. If the problem is not resolved, I'll have to work with a clone of your site somehow. If you prefer not to use Duplicator, I can work with a backup of your database.

Hi Christian I followed your indication step by step and then i upload a new file. Nothing has changed.
As we said we prefer you don't use Duplicator. We have the backup, how do we have to proceed?

thank you

You can post the backup to Dropbox or Drive and provide a download link here. All non-Toolset URLs are obscured in the forum for your privacy.

Here the link hidden link

Okay it seems to be related to the custom upload path. If I disable that, and add some new images, the alt attributes appear for those images. Let me reach out to my 2nd tier team for some additional information about this.

Hi Christian,
If possible, we would like to use a custom upload path. Do you have any additional information?

thank you

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Christian is currently on vacation so I will be handling this thread for him.

I checked the escalated thread for this and our team is currently working on it. Right now there is an erratas page setup for this issue which should contain the fix as soon as it is available.
https://toolset.com/errata/types-image-fields-do-not-output-the-alt-and-title-attributes-when-using-custom-upload-directory/

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane ,
since we're developing an important project and our deadline is the end of July, do you think this issue will be solved on time?

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I cannot guarantee that the fix will be available before then but our development team is working on it.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.