Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Galleries to work with Beaver Builder Galleries

This support ticket is created 3 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm trying to get Toolset Image Field (Repeating to make it a gallery) to work with Beaver Builder i.e. when creating e.g. a Singular post template, I'm unable to use the BB Gallery module to display the Toolset repeating image field.

Is there any documentation that you are following? I can't find any.

Is there a similar example that we can see? N/A

What is the link to your site? It's still in dev so no link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Athlone,

Thank you for getting in touch.

This won't work unless the BB gallery module supports the display of the repeatable fields from Toolset.

So I would recommend that you check with the BB support in order to ensure that this is something they support.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

Thank you for the reply.

I've reached out to BeaverBuilder support for feedback. I will update their reply here, but I'm suspecting I'll just have to dump Toolset and use ACF instead. I'll keep you posted.

Warmest regards,

Athlone

Hi, Shane is unavailable this week so I'm checking on his outstanding tickets. I suspect you're right, as BB's dynamic content integration with Types fields is somewhat limited. It works best with simple field types in non-repeating instances, in my experience. I'll stand by for your update.

Hi Christian

Thank you for the reply. I received an update from Beaver Builder, it seems both Beaver Builder and Toolset are playing a game of chicken waiting for the other to blink as both sides are saying the same thing i.e. the other side must support our product.

Below is their reply:

=====
I am not familiar with Toolset's repeater image field, but our Gallery module supports the ACF gallery field which simply returns an array of attachments. Therefore, if the Toolset repeater image field doesn't do this out-the-box and uses another method. Then this is something Toolset themselves will need to implement as they're the ones who added integration to Beaver Themer. Beaver Themer only supports Advanced Custom Fields natively. 🙂
=====

I ended up just going the ACF router issue sorted. It seems going forward I can only use Toolset to create the CPT but no fields as a gallery is mandatory.

Okay it seems like the ACF solution you have implemented is the best solution for now. I'll close out here.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.