Skip Navigation

[Closed] Toolset Forms Frontend issue.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I found a bug in Toolset.

When i tries to edit any link from Fronteditor, it adds a quotation mark around it. "".
Please check and fix it. I need it done urgently.
hidden link
hidden link

It's only happening in thr Frone editor. Backend editor seems fine.

Please help

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I just checked the issue with my local test site where only Toolset plugins are active and with the form I've WYSIWYG editor where I've added two links by wrapping the text as you shown with your video and I do not able to reproduce this issue.

Based on debug in formation you shared, I can see you are using number of third party plugins.

In order to minimise the cause of the issue and check for any possible conflict between any plugin or theme:
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes? - Do you see any difference?

Minesh
Supporter

I see on your staging site you are using outdated Toolset forms plugin. I tried to update it but your site is too slow and consuming lots of time. Can you please update forms plugin on your staging site first.

I checked again with my local test install and I do not see the issue with only Toolset plugins active with default theme 2020.

I can still see on your staging site you are using few third party plugins. Can you please test with only Toolset plugins active with default theme and let me know the results.

Hi,

I already checked that by deactivating all 3rd party plugins. If you need to check it, you can disable all the 3rd party plugins and then check and fix these.

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

As I mentioned in my previous reply:
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/toolset-forms-frontend-issue/#post-1728237

I do not able to update the Toolset forms plugin on your test site and that is why I could not able to activate the forms plugin when I try to reinstall it again. The site is Too slow.

It will be great if you can able to share duplicator copy of your site:
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Once I get duplicator copy of your site I will try to deploy it on my local computer and that will help me to investigate the issue further and quicker way.

Please send me duplicator copy of your original site.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello Megan,

As Minesh is on vacation for a couple of days, I'll continue with you on this ticket.

I just downloaded your website backup and I'll build it locally and analayze it.

I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Sure. Please take your time. i am waiting on this from last week.

Jamal
Supporter

Unfortunately, after several hours of trying to build a local copy of your website, I am still not able to have a stable site where I can see the same issue and debug it. Either the edit links are not there, or a required plugin is not activated.
Without having the issue reproduced on my local setup, I won't be able to investigate it.

For that reason, I would like to try a different path, I have created a new installation on our platform and I would like you to migrate your website on it. Please follow the instructions in my previous private reply(August 12, 2020 at 9:29 am) to perform the migration.

If the migration failed, please reach to WPEngine and ask if we can get a staging site where we can test without impacting your live users.

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you Megan for the staging site.

After some testing, I think that the issue is probably coming from the server configuration. Either, PHP version is too high for this combination of Elementor and Toolset or another server configuration that is forcing links to be "somehow normalized" and adds the "Right double quotation mark" to every URL upon saving.
Even if you don't add another URL to the field and you save the form, the "right double quotation marks" will be added. You can try it by only updating the form a couple of time and you will notice that quotation marks are added. This error is not triggered on the frontend from TinyMCE editor.

To verify this, I have created an installation on our platform and I hope you can migrate your website on it. Please follow the instructions on my previous private reply(August 12, 2020 at 9:29 am) and once the migration is finished, we'll check if the issue is reproduced on our servers too.

Hi Jamal,

I just migrated the site on your install. Meanwhile i checked with WPengine for some config issues and they confirmed that its not because of server. they tested it on PHP7.2 and 7.3.

Hi Jamal,

Is there any update on this? Waiting for your reply.

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Jamal is on Vacation. This is Minesh here and I'll take care of this ticket. Hope this is OK.

Is that of if I delete few plugins that is not active on your staging test site to build a duplicator copy of the site?

Hi Minesh,

I already migrated the site on Cloud on Jamal's request. Do whaterver you want to do. But i need its fixed asap. it's already 10 to 12 days.
Please
hidden link

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

I understand the urgency and thank you to keep your patience.

It seems we are near to indentify the actual cause of the issue. If I add the form directly with Text module or using Shortcode module - I do not see any issues of link with double quotes with multiline field or WYSIWYG editor.

Can you please confirm that if you put the Toolset form outside the Elementor Toggle - the link you added to multiline field works as expected.

HI Minesh,

I checked it after placing the Form Editor shortcode outside the Toggle. But it worked same. the problem still occured. Please check and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Toolset Forms Frontend issue.’ is closed to new replies.