Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset forms commerce no longer working after updating plugins

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Author

I have just updated all plugins.. including toolset and woocommerce and have discovered that most of the time the product is not consistently being added to the cart when I submit the form.

Techboard includes a company directory am using the change of authorship from the transaction on the form to enable signed in users to claim ownership of their company's profile. claiming a profile is free but the transaction enables the automated transfer of ownership.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: any company profile ... but you need to register on the site as a regular user not an admin.. at: hidden link once registered as an example try: hidden link

Then click on the "take ownership" button under the company logo which will take you to a form to claim the company profile.

the form only has a few fields... Click yes to "take ownership", then enter anything for the reason entitled to claim then hit submit.

I expected to see: This should take you automatically to the checkout to complete the transaction... which does occur sometimes.

Instead, I got: Mostly what happens is you get taken to a page with an error message saying "Checkout is not available whilst your cart is empty." and "Your cart is currently empty."

Can you help please

I had troubles with duplicator ( I am with WPEngine) so I used all-in-one WP migration as advised in this support ticket https://toolset.com/forums/topic/wp-engine-does-not-permit-duplicator-plugin-how-to-provide-this-info-on-ticket/

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I loggedin using the access details you shared and navigated to the link you shared:
=> hidden link

Then I clicked on Edit Profile and on Edit Profile page I am able to see the "Take Ownership" button and I am able to successfully place the order from the checkout page. Please check the following screenshot:
=> hidden link

Do I miss anything?

Minesh

Try signing up as a regular user then clicking on the following company profiles and then the "take ownership" button. The problem is that the product " company membership" is sometimes not added to the basket, a problem I have not come across before.

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

Cheers

Peter

Minesh

just wondering if you are able to check these links after signing up as a regular user... the problem seems to be intermittent.

Thanks again.

Peter

Minesh
Supporter

I created a new account using the email address minesh.s@onthegosystems.com

And I tried to click on the button "Take Ownership" for the following 2 links:
- hidden link
- hidden link

I'm able to place the order successfully. If you can check in the backend, you should see the order that is placed using the email address: minesh.s@onthegosystems.com

Am I missing anything here?

hmm

i am testing now and also having trouble reproducing the error... will see if I can reproduce and get back to you.

thanks for your patience.

Peter

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - great. Please let me know if you find anything to report.

OOPs... marked the thread resolved by mistake.

after not being able to replicate the problem I deployed to live... unfortunately it has intermittently re-emerged... I am doing testing to try ot figure out when it happens... I will report back as soon as I have more... please leave this open for now.

Thanks

Peter

Minesh
Supporter

I've reopen the ticket as per your request.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.