Skip Navigation

[Resolved] [toolset-edit-post-link] in button

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

How to create edit form link with Toolset Button block?

Solution:

It is possible to use Toolset Button Block to setup the edit post form link too, for example, you can fill below value in button link field:

[wpv-post-url]?content-template-id=123

Please replace 123 with your content template ID.

Above link will pass URL parameter "content-template-id" to post URL.

Relevant Documentation:

50% of people find this useful.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by martinB-16 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
hardcopy.jpg

I have a form for editing posts. I call this form via a link using the short code [toolset-edit-post-link]. It also works.
Now I don't want to make the call with a link, but with a button. If I add the short code as a link to the button, it also works, but other characters are output in the frontend (see hard copy).
How can I edit the current post with a button?

Short code in Button Link: [toolset-edit-post-link content_template_slug='beitrag-bearbeiten' target='self'][/toolset-edit-post-link]

Hello,

How do you setup the button HTML codes?
In my opinion, you can try to style the link to button with CSS codes, for example, add a CSS class name in the codes you mentioned:
[toolset-edit-post-link content_template_slug='beitrag-bearbeiten' target='self' class='my-button'][/toolset-edit-post-link]

Then setup CSS codes to style it, for example:

a.my-button {
  background-color: red;
  color: white;
  padding: 1em 1.5em;
  text-decoration: none;
  text-transform: uppercase;
}

More help:
hidden link

I create the button via toolset blocks. There is an "button" block there. Why do I need a code now. You are advertising with "No coding"!
If I have to write my own code for every second project, I don't need a toolset.

There is a misunderstanding, the shortcode [toolset-edit-post-link] can only output a edit post link, it can not output as a button, so you will need to setup CSS codes to style it as button.

And it is possible to use Toolset Button Block to setup the edit post form link too, for example, you can fill below value in button link field:

[wpv-post-url]?content-template-id=123

Please replace 123 with your content template ID.

Above link will pass URL parameter "content-template-id" to post URL.

More help:
hidden link

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.