Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Doesn't Play Well with the Latest Divi Builder

This support ticket is created 5 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I have recently upgraded WordPress to 5.0. This necessitated a corresponding upgrade for Divi Theme and Divi Builder. However, I just noticed that Divi has done something to break the functionality for adding Fields and Views to a Divi Module. When I edit a page using the Divi Builder, and I click on the "Fields and Views" button at the top of the Divi editor, nothing happens. There is no popup anywhere, so it's not possible to select a view in this way. The only way I can insert a view into a Divi module now is by manually typing it into the text area. This is problematic because your syntax for the view shortcodes is different inside the Divi builder. If I don't get the {!{...}!} just right, then it doesn't work.

I realize this is bug is probably due to a change in the way the new Divi Builder works, but your admin code should still work in the latest Divi. To be clear, the views work fine, once I insert them properly (all except the AJAX pagination sliders, which I've already reported in another ticket.)

I'd appreciate it if you could get this working again, so I can continue to use the product in the Divi Visual Builder.

Thanks,

David McLeod

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting us and I'll be happy to assist.

This issue is already reported and is currently being investigated for a fix.
( https://toolset.com/errata/divi-front-end-builder-throws-js-errors-when-loading-and-when-clicking-toolset-gui-buttons-in-divi-modules/ )

I'm afraid, I don't have a time estimate to share at this point, but will update you through this tickets, as soon as this gets resolved.

Appreciate your report and patience.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi David,

I was performing some clean-up and came across this ticket.

I'm sure you'll be aware by now that with the passage of time and especially with the introduction of WordPress's new editor "Gutenberg" ( https://wordpress.org/gutenberg/ ), Toolset and Divi both have grown a lot, but in separate directions.

Toolset set has put its focus on the default "Gutenberg" blocks based editor, while Divi continues to expand its own front-end builder.

Unfortunately, they both can't be used together as closely as before, but still, there is a lot that can be achieved while keeping them both on the same website.

We have updated our recommendations in the documentation accordingly:
https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/

You're welcome to start a new ticket for any new question or concern.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.