Skip Navigation

[Resolved] toolset blocks

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
the  page in browser.jpg
screen Gutblock2.png
screen Gutblock1.png

Hello. I have a kadance theme on my website. I try to make a themplate for a CPT with fields created by toolset types using toolset according to these instructions :
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-templates-to-display-custom-posts/?utm_source=plugin&utm_medium=gui&utm_campaign=blocks
hidden link

When I create a themplate I use toolset blocks : Heading Block and Image Block. Using these Blocks I see the content of the custom fields only in Gutenberg editor, but when I load the page of some CPT they does not show anything.

But when I use Fields and Text block instead of those ones it shows me everything in Gutenberg and in webpage. Screenshots included.

What is wrong?

What should I do?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Aleksei,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Could you allow me to have temporary admin access to the website so that I can have a look at this for you.

The private fields have been enabled for your next response.

Also please send me a link to the page where I can see the issue.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2020-10-09 at 9.45.39 AM.png

Hi Aleksei,

Thank you for the credentials.

Perhaps i'm not understanding the issue correctly because the content template works fine.

The only thing I see that there is an issue is that when you've selected a dynamic source as the option for the field, you didn't actually select the field that it should get the information from. See Screenshot

In the screenshot you can see that i've setup your image block as an example.

Thanks,
Shane

Scrshot #1 [18.10.2020 08.38.23] SomeTitle–Test_kdnc1Iron.jpg
Scrshot #0 [18.10.2020 08.38.16] EditOneSbornikLiskiskis‹Test_kdnc1—WordpressIron.jpg

hello. Sorry for the late answer. But the problem still remains. I realize that there is some bug. The access to the website still exits. When you revise the page last time you did not see the problem because I changed the names of all field to Latin letters and the fields connections was lost. But because of that I realize the main problem.
When the name of Gorup of fields is in Latin letters it's all OK, but when it's in Cyrillic it does not show the content. The letters of fieled (latin or cyrilliс does not metters). I think that's because the name of each field has a slug with is deffenatly in latin but the name of Group of filed has only name and no slug.
To see the problem you can check hidden link
But the thing is that in Gutenberg editor you can see all fileв fine. While on real page there is a problem.
hidden link
ps. to simpify i don't us themplate for know.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Aleksei,

Still not seeing any issue. Right now I was able to get the image to display by removing the image from the field and re-adding it.

Have a look at the link you've sent and let me know if everything is ok now.

Thanks,
Shane

I really don't understand why you can't see the problem or don't want. You just add the shortcode and the image appear. But please hear me: Heading Block and Image Block from Toolset Block plugin does not work if the Name of Gorup of fields is in Cyrillic. I know that shortcodes work. I did wrote it to you by myself in the first post.
If you can't see or can't help swich me to another suppot manager.
This is a probleme for me. And you did not get the image to display using Blocks. Right now it displays only with shortcodes. But the probleme is in Gutenberg Blocks of your Toolset Block plugin. I don't have time to make sreenshots again. So please read caerfully all my posts and help me or switch me to somebody else.

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 1.18.05 PM.png
Screenshot 2020-10-22 at 1.18.09 PM.png

Hi Aleksei,

I saw the issue but i'm trying to verify that it occurs on my end as well, however it doesn't see screenshot

The cyrillic text is being displayed using the headings block similar to you.

However in order to check further on this would it be ok if I took a copy of the site for further testing ?

Granted on my end the Cyrillic text showed up fine on the frontend.

As a workaround while I examine the issue you can use the shortcode to retrieve the value.

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

You can take a copy.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Aleksei,

The URL to the website doesn't seem to be working anymore. Can you check on this and let me know when I can access the site so that I can grab the site copy for further testing?

Thanks,
Shane

Hello. I was moving to new hosting. Now it is working.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Aleksei,

I'm happy to see that the issue is now resolved when you moved the site to a different server?

Do you have any questions related to this? If not then you can go ahead and mark this ticket as resolved.

Thanks,
Shane

What do you mean? I realy don't understand your support. It's almost month and you still tell me that there is no problem. Alright than just reread my posts and look closer. I realy don't have the time to write to you same text every day. If you cant help me just send my request to another support manager. Every your post is like trolling me. Realy strang support

Your post just telling me that you 100% do not look at the problem, dont even open the my website and don't trying to help. The hosting is just hosting and the fact that I changed it is not a reason to not help me.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Aleksei,

I'm a bit confused in your post at the link below you mentioned moving to a new host resolved the issue.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/toolset-blocks-5/#post-1833979

In many cases customers are able to resolve the issue by switching to a new host. Our Toolset developers try to make our plugins compatible with various server configurations, however there will still be outliers when it comes to hosting.

If the issue was resolved by just changing hosts then the problem wasn't with the plugin or the site itself but rather the configuration of the server is either limiting or breaking features.

At this point we do not debug server issues, we can only provide you with recommended configurations to have our plugins to function.

I also mentioned that the website URL doesn't work so I was waiting on a response for that so that I can continue to check to see what is happening.

Checking again i've shared where you can workaround this issue by using the shortcode directly for the field to display the value while we check on the issue here.

The hosting is just hosting and the fact that I changed it is not a reason to not help me.

If the site is on a new host and working fine then i'm not sure what else there is to help with. Will you be continuing with the new host or are you sticking with the old host.

Thanks,
Shane

In post https://toolset.com/forums/topic/toolset-blocks-5/#post-1824887 you wrote The URL to the website doesn't seem to be working anymore. I wrote the now it (the url) is working.
My first post was at 08 october. It's november now. You wrote too mutch. And still no help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.