Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset blocks

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I still want to use toolset with Divi 4 but have a few questions;

- If i install the new toolset blocks do i need to remove views beta 2?
- Should i start to rebuild my views beta 2 builds in Gutenberg or does it work flawlessly in the new toolset blocks?
- If i do my archive (with search capabilities) and SGL view page solely in Gutenberg does that eliminate the compatibility issues with
divi 4?

Is there anything else i need to be aware of using toolset blocks with divi 4?
For example ; are there any other toolset items i need to install to get toolset blocks working (toolset types....)

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Tim,

Thanks for asking! I'd be happy to help.

> If i install the new toolset blocks do i need to remove views beta 2?
- You don't have to remove Views beta and you can just update it to view's latest stable release (version 3.0).

> Should i start to rebuild my views beta 2 builds in Gutenberg or does it work flawlessly in the new toolset blocks?
- The latest Views and Block release is an incremental update, which means that any views that you have created previously using the beta versions, should be usable and editable with the latest release too.

If you notice something out-of-place, you're welcome to share the details, through a separate ticket and we'll have it reviewed.

> If i do my archive (with search capabilities) and SGL view page solely in Gutenberg does that eliminate the compatibility issues with divi 4?
- The Divi 4 compatibility issues ( ref: https://toolset.com/2019/10/toolset-and-divi-4-issues/ ) will be experienced on any pages which will be using the Divi 4.

If you'll only use Gutenberg and Toolset Blocks on your website, then yes, you'll not experience those Divi 4 compatibility issues.

> Is there anything else i need to be aware of using toolset blocks with divi 4?
For example ; are there any other toolset items i need to install to get toolset blocks working (toolset types....)
- It is important to understand the role of the Toolset Blocks. As mentioned in the new announcement post ( ref: https://toolset.com/2019/12/toolset-blocks-1-0-build-beautiful-dynamic-sites-quickly-and-easily/ ), the goal with Toolset Blocks is to simplify the workflow, by eventually eliminating the need for a third-party builder like Divi.

Toolset Blocks is designed to enhance the functionality of WordPress' own page builder Gutenberg and is not expected to be used with another page builder like Divi. In summary, the workflow would be to either continue using Toolset Views + Divi ( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/ ) or start using Toolset Views + Blocks + Gutenberg. This all depends on personal preferences and requirements.

As for the other Toolset plugins like Types, Maps, Forms etc, they can be included for their specific features, regardless of which page builder and workflow, you're using.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

I installed toolset blocks and i cannot use views together with toolset blocks.
It deactivated views 3 stable version and now my "old" build views don't work anymore

2 questions

1; what is best to use views or blocks
2; what is the difference

gr,

Peter

Hi,

Thx, my old views build pages are gone too now i switched back to views 3.0 stable version and deactivated toolset blocks

The views page shows up in views but cannot be used/edited again because the gutenberg page now says
"view not found" .

I did some reading today and i think i need to do the following:

I did not develope any serious design with divi and the divi sensei plugin yet , so i think i will delete the plugin and the archive page in the dashboard (to change and build with divi) together with the sgl page archive design and start from scratch.

I will delete toolset views 3 and install and activate the toolset blocks plugin.

From there i can design the archive and sgl page archive design right from the gutenberg page

Is this the right thing to do starting from scratch.

I have already set my products custom post type, custom fields and taxonomies and created some products via a form for my client.

All my other then toolset product pages i can still design with divi right..

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for writing back and for sharing the updates.

Here are some key points to remember, which will answer your recent questions:

1. After the latest update, Toolset Views and Toolset Blocks plugins can't be activated on a website at the same time. If you'll activate Blocks plugin, the Views plugin will be automatically deactivated.

2. The Toolset Blocks plugin only offers the new blocks based user interface to create and edit views.

3. The Toolset Views plugin offers both, the older classic editing interface to create and edit views, as well as the new blocks based interface to create and edit views.

This means that someone who is starting fresh on a new website and plans to use only the blocks interface (without the need of the classic views editor), can only activate Toolset Blocks.

On the other hand, someone who plans to keep using the classic views editor, he/she can just activate the Toolset Views and he/she will have the option to use either classic editor or the new blocks editor for views.

4. The views created using the classic editor can't be automatically converted to the views that use the blocks editor and they can't be edited using the blocks editor either.

5. Similarly, views created using the blocks editor can't be automatically converted into views that use classic editor and can't be edited through the classic editor either.

6. You'll find the "Editing experience" option to enable/disable the views editor at WP Admin -> Toolset -> Settings -> General
( screenshot: hidden link )

7. As mentioned in my earlier message, if you plan to use Toolset Views along with Divi builder, than it would be better to keep Toolset Views plugin active ( instead of Toolset Blocks plugin ). The Toolset Blocks plugin is designed to work with WordPress Gutenberg builder and not third-party builders like Divi, Elementor etc.

regards,
Waqar

So if I would start from scratch and only build my product (archive and sgl) pages with toolset and Gutenberg then you advise to delete all views classic builds and start over with toolset blocks and do all other pages like home page, contact page etc.. With divi

Waqar
Supporter

Actually, I suggested a slightly different approach then what you wrote.

If you'd like to keep using Divi for other pages, then it would be better to activate Toolset Views and not Toolset Blocks.
(you'll not be missing out any feature from Toolset Blocks plugin and would have the flexibility to work with views either using the classic editor or the blocks editor).

If you're working on a website without any third-party builder like Divi, then you can activate only Toolset Blocks plugin on that.

In short, we've created a separate plugin Toolset Blocks for users who are using Gutenberg as their primary page builder.

Last question before i can close this discussion;

- all the newly added block features will also added in views in the future ?
- Since i deactivated views in favour of blocks my biews are corrupted and unusable. do i need to delete my made product archive and sgl page and redo them?
- All the archives and template sgl pages can be made directly in gutenberg with views too and not in the dashbord (much easier)
- I have developed a sgl page in gutenberg with views 3 and all went well. the only thing added extra on the top are the title and featured imag. how can i get rid of that since i already added that in the sgl product page with views ?

hidden link

You can trust the staging non https link hopefully

cannot upload the fullpage picture since it is bigger then 1 mb

New threads created by Waqar and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-box-shadow-settings-for-the-custom-search-filter-block/

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for writing back.

> all the newly added block features will also added in views in the future ?

- Yes, we plan to keep updating both plugins, side-by-side.

> Since i deactivated views in favour of blocks my biews are corrupted and unusable. do i need to delete my made product archive and sgl page and redo them?

- The existing views should not become corrupted or unusable in result of switching between Blocks and Views plugin.

If you still have those views and would like us to investigate, I'll request to start a new ticket and share the website's temporary admin login details and information about those specific views.

On the other hand, If you just want to start afresh, then yes, you can also re-create those views.

> All the archives and template sgl pages can be made directly in gutenberg with views too and not in the dashbord (much easier)

- Yes, you can create the views, content templates and WordPress archives using the new Blocks editor which uses "Gutenberg" as a base.

Just make sure that it is enabled from "Editing experience" option at WP Admin -> Toolset -> Settings -> General.

> I have developed a sgl page in gutenberg with views 3 and all went well. the only thing added extra on the top are the title and featured imag. how can i get rid of that since i already added that in the sgl product page with views ?

- I'll need to see how this page is set up in the back-end to suggest the best way to achieve this.

Can you please share temporary admin login details in reply to this message?

Note: Your next reply is set to be private and for a new/different question or concern, please start a new ticket.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

I've checked the content template "Sgl Product page Gutenberg" and noticed that the post title that comes from the theme is already hidden through the "option" in blocks editor.

To disable/hide the post info and the featured image added by the theme automatically on single post pages, you'll find the options at WP Admin -> Divi -> Theme Options -> Layouts -> Single Post Layout.

I've also checked the "Products archive" WordPress Archive template and the "read more" button is added and working correctly.

You'll find the steps to add the menu link for the post type archive page, in this guide:
hidden link

For the box-shadow settings in the search filters, I'll need to perform some testing on my own website to troubleshoot this. I'm going to split this topic into a new ticket and will update you with my findings through that.

As for this ticket, I'd like to remind you again that as per our support policy ( https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/ ) we request to limit each ticket to only a single question and issue, as it becomes easier and efficient for everyone involved.

You're welcome to mark this ticket as resolved and start a new one for each new question/concern.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.