Skip Navigation

[Resolved] toolset based theme can not auto update

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to: create a toolset based theme, and update some code, then i upload the theme to tooset.com, and set the version to 1.0.1, but the client web site can not be get the new version of the theme.

What should I do?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I've tested the automatic update process for the Toolset based theme from my account and it worked as expected.
( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/toolset-based-themes/how-to-build-toolset-based-themes/#8-prepare-and-release-updates )

To troubleshoot this, I'll suggest the following steps:

1. Please make sure that on your Toolset account's theme page ( https://toolset.com/account/themes/ ), the newer updated theme version is showing, which is higher than the one installed on the client's website.
( example screenshot: hidden link )

2. Next, please check the client website and see if the previous version of your theme and the packaged Toolset plugins are being used without any modification.

Note: If WordPress's automatic update feature is disabled or if some security plugin or server policy is restricting or limiting the external connections, then the theme's automatic update notification would not work and you'll have to update to the newer theme's copy manually.

I hope this helps and please let me know how it goes.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.