Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset archiv-block not not available

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by martinB-16 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Hardcopy 3.jpg
Hardcopy 2.jpg
Hardcopy 1.jpg

Hi,

i would like to design an archive with toolset blocks. That's why I watched the video "Designing Archives with Blocks".
But I don't have the "Archive" block.

See pictures.

PS:
Can you tell me what is the difference between the Archives and Views blocks?
They both work the same.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Martin,

Based on the screenshots you've sent you should be getting the archive block when you are creating a new archive.

Do you currently have the Classic editor plugin installed or any other plugins that disables the wordpress Gutenburg editor ?

If so then you will need to disable these and then recreate the archive in order for the block editor to start appearing.

Thanks,
Shane

I still had a deactivated plug-in that prevented the Gutenburg editor. I have now deleted this, and now I also get the archive block.
incomprehensible, because I had the view block before.
But the main thing is now. Many Thanks.

But I can't really tell the difference between the archive block and the view block. Can you briefly explain to me what the main differences are?
What are the respective advantages?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Martin,

But I can't really tell the difference between the archive block and the view block. Can you briefly explain to me what the main differences are?
What are the respective advantages?

Wordpress normally creates a default archive for each post type on your website, an archive block allows you to completely customize how you want this default archive page to look.

The view block is a more portable version of that archive per say. It allows you to create a listing of data on any page that you want, rather than with an archive that is essentially limited to the default URL for your post type's archive page that wordpress generates.

So you will only create an archive block if you want to customize the default archive for wordpress.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks
Shane

OK. Now I understand the difference.

Thank you for your help.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.