Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Access – pages whose Author is set cannot edit their own pages

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Screenshot_2019-07-15 Access Control ‹ CMS-SMC — WordPress.png

I am trying to:
Configure the site such that pages are controlled/owned by specific "Author" users and they can edit or delete their own pages. So i set the ownership of various pages to specific authors, and expect to be able to go into the admin for those authors, click Edit on the page and be able to modify the contents.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
The issue is seen within wp-admin.

I expected to see:
The edit page appear.

Instead, I got:
Blank white page (although the View Source does show plenty of content, it is not being displayed).

Hello,

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, when you see a blank WordPress page, that means there are some PHP errors in your website, please check these:
1) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2019, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

2) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

3) If the problem still persists, please provide database dump file(ZIP file) of your website, also point out the problem page URL and view URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.