Skip Navigation

[Closed] Toolset Access is clashing with WordPress User Roles

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 3 years, 6 months ago.

Author

In the WordPress Admin, when Toolset Access is active I cannot access the normal WordPress user roles other than subscriber. I was unable to change my user role, and unable to see or select anything to do with normal WordPress user roles in other plugins, such as with WP Bakery Builder's Role Manager.

I have to deactivate Access, make any required changes, then reactivate Toolset.

The WordPress user roles are only hidden when Access is active, and if I deactivate every other plugin but reactivate Access the problem persists.

I would appreciate it if this bug was fixed in your next update, as it makes it significantly more difficult and time consuming to manage my website.

Thanks.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

You mean in the profile edit screen?

Although the issue happens when Access is active, it may occur because of a conflict with another plugin and equally could be bypassed by disabling that one.

Can you disable all plugins except Access, and while you are at it switch theme to twentytwenty, and then see if the problem still occurs?

In which case it is likely something related to your Access settings (although we've no similar reports) and we would need access to your site's admin to be able to check those to see if we can spot the problem.

Let me mark your next reply as private so that we can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

The topic ‘[Closed] Toolset Access is clashing with WordPress User Roles’ is closed to new replies.