Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Access Control breaks capabilities for un managed CPTs

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: allow specific user roles (created with user Role Editor) to control a specific Custom Post Type only. When Toolset Access Manager is running the non managed custom post type prevents user access.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected the edit link to function and take me to an editor page.

Instead, I got a #no-privileges tag instead.

If I make Toolset manage the CPT the problem goes away and if I disable the Toolset Access Control plugin the problem goes away.

Can you tell me one of the User Roles that is experiencing the problem?

Sorry that would have been useful. The user role is Financial Reporter and the specific user I have been testing with is cfigueroa. There is a user switching plugin if you wish to try it from the user list.

Is it okay for me to create a clone of this site? There are several different plugins in play here. I'll be able to get to the bottom of this more effectively with a copy of your site.

That is fine with me. Please proceed as you see fit. This is a copy of the live site already. Thank you for looking into this.

Jonathon

I have created the clone and I'm out of staging now. I'll run some tests and give you an update tomorrow when I have some more definitive information. Thanks!

Hi, on my local copy the problem only seems to occur if the User has both Financial Reporter and Author roles. If the User has only the Financial Reporter role, regardless of Toolset Access being active, they are unable to see Downloads. Can you confirm that behavior?

Yes, I can confirm that. I am starting to think the Download Manager Dev removed unique capabilities to their plugin to use the default WordPress post capabilities. So I have gone other direction and made Downloads managed by Toolset and that seems to have made everything work the way it used to work. So go Toolset your fixing other plugin authors problems.

I guess we can consider this resolved after all unless you have any other thoughts?

Jonathon

Sounds fine to me if you're okay with that solution.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.