Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Access and Avada Elements

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to:
Add privileges via Access to a custom role, to see AVADA Library (Elements, Columns and Container). Templates, however are working out of the box.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
I can't share the page. It's a Site behind a VPN.

I expected to see:
All the elements, columns and container.

Instead, I got:
I see nothing with the custom role. I have added already a ticket to Shane (Toolset Access and Avada Elements). All the suggested points are unsuccessfully tested. If necessary, I will add some screenshots with the different roles.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Reading through the background details from your other ticket ( https://toolset.com/forums/topic/toolset-access-and-avada-elements/ ), it seems that the Avada theme may have changed the user privelleges/permissions criteria.

Did you get a chance to discuss this with Avada's official support team? They'll have the most accurate and up-to-date information about a possible change in the privelleges/permissions requirement.

Please let us know what they share and if any information or change is needed from our side.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

I stay in contact with the avada support team. I can see al the new avada post types within toolset access, but changes have no impact. Deactivation of toolset access helps, but make no sense because of necessary user roles. Nevertheless they told me it could also be a toolset access problem.

So, if you have any glue or need more information, let me know.
Best regards

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for writing back and for sharing the update.

I understand that the website is behind a VPN, but would it be possible for you to share its clone/snapshot?
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ )

This way, I'll be able to troubleshoot with the exact same post type and user role settings, without affecting the actual website.

I've set your next reply as private.

Hi Waqar,

i have to ask our client, if this is possible. Hopefully I will receive the answer today.
Thank you and best regards

Waqar
Supporter

Please take your time and I'll wait to hear back from you.

I've set your next reply as private, again.

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for sharing these files and sorry about the delay in getting back on this.

I've managed to download and deploy your website's files, but the database's .sql file is showing "403 Forbidden" message.

Can you please share it again, but inside a zipped folder?

I've set your next reply as private again.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the database file and I've successfully managed to deploy the website's clone on my server.

I'm currently running some tests and research and will share my findings as soon as this testing completes.

Thank you for your patience.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

access-control-example.png

Hi,

Thank you for waiting.

After testing on your website's clone and on my own test website, I can confirm that to make Avada's global library elements accessible to a custom user role, you'll need to grant that user role, full access to the "Posts" post type.
( From Toolset -> Access Control -> Post Types - example screenshot attached )

I hope this helps.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

yes, I can confirm that. So, this is a temporary solution for my customer. But, if I enable full access to the post type, recruiter can manipulate other posts, like Success Stories, Events, etc. In the past, recruiter only had access to jobs and of course to all the library elements. Is there any solution to solve this problem?

Best regards

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for confirming this.

The challenge here is that the availability/display of Avada elements in the library is not linked with the access of the relevant post type "Fusion Elements".

During my tests, I also noticed that it doesn't matter if a custom role is allowed access to the "Fusion Elements" post type or not. This confirms that the way these elements are queried in the library by Avada, they are only affected by the default "post" type's access.

Would it be possible for you to restrict this custom recruiter role to only access the front-end of the website and use only the front-end forms to manage user profiles and allowed post types? This way you won't have to worry about any recruiter user's interference with the default "posts" management in the back-end.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.