Skip Navigation

[Resolved] toolset 1.4 showing ALL tax filters even if empty

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to:
filter post type by a taxonomy

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link <-- blocks 1.4
hidden link <-- blocks 1.3.5

I expected to see:
only category taxonomies that have posts in them listed

Instead, I got:
After updating to WP 1.4 all of the tax terms show up whether they have results in them or not! I tested this on 2 servers.

form-options.JPG

Hello,

Please try these:
Edit the problem page you mentioned above:
hidden link

Find and select "View Search" block, enable option "Show only filter options that would produce results", see my screenshot form-options.JPG

I used the classic editor to produce the View. and am showing the form and results on the page. There for on the page I only have a block called "View" of which there is no setting as you show on your screen.

show.JPG

In classic view, you can try these:
In section "Custom Search Settings", enable option "Let me choose individual settings manually"-> "Show only available options for each input". see my screenshot show.JPG

If you don't see section "Custom Search Settings", you can click link "Screen Options", enable option "Custom Search Settings".

filter.png

this appears to be a bug when updating to 1.4 , I am happy to give you access to this dev environment for you to test on, however I have tested on 2 different hosting environments, and the same bug occurred on updating.

Please provide your dev site credentials in below private message box, also point out the problem page URL, thanks

Thanks for the details, I can see the problem in your website.

Then I have tried it in my localhost with a fresh WP installation + the latest version of Toolset plugins, it works.

so the problem is abnormal, please check these in your website:
1) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2021, and test again

2) If the problem still persists, please provide database dump file(ZIP file) of your website, you can put the package files in your own google drive disk, share the link only, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks for the details, I am downloading the files, will update here if find anything

no-resource.JPG

I have tried your database dump file in my localhost, but can not find the "Resource" custom post type, see my screenshot no-resource.JPG

How do you setup the "Resource" post type? with other plugin? please provide detail steps to reproduce the same problem.

If it needs other plugins/theme, please provide full copy of your website, private message box enabled again.

I am downloading the duplicator package file from your website directly, will update here if find anything

I can duplicate the problem with your duplicator package, and have escalated it, will update here if there is any news.

you say IF there is any news? do you mean when? I assume this ticket will be updated with some type of reply once whether a bug is found or not?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Nicholas,

Luo is on vacation, so I'll be following up on this ticket.

I'm happy to update you that a fix for this has been covered in the latest release of Blocks 1.4.1.

Please feel free to update and let us know in case the issue still persists.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.