Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Tool set Form – Retrieve data

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi Team,

I have created a toolset post form here is the link.
hidden link

After submitting form by any user, I can't found this all fileds data.
Where do I see user filled data (including all fields) in the backend?

Here is the backend credential. Please take a look & do configure/solution it.

Waiting for your reply on the same.

Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Dylan,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Your form submissions are stored under the Post Type that the form is attached to.

In your case it would be this Post Type here:
hidden link

However I checked the Post type and noticed that the custom fields were missing. This is because you are using Generic fields from the form.

I would suggest that you create custom fields that you want to use using our Types plugin and then re-create your form so that these fields can be automatically added.

It will be much more streamline if you create your fields in Types.

Thanks,
Shane

Ok FIne,

Now I have created custom fields according to it, But I want to the auto-filled like if user open form that time it's should be the auto fetched user email in the email field.

Here is the same which I want to create a form.

1) Facilitator Full Name - Auto fetch(Fill)
2) Facilitator Email: - Auto fetch (Fill)
3) Client Code Name: (It should be pattern like A-00001)
4) What kind of Session Reflection process would you like to do, for this session?(Select one)
A) I’d like to reflect on the full Embodied Change Process (longer)
A-1) I’d like to submit this as one of my 3 full session reflections to be reviewed.
Option - Yes & No
B) I’d like to just log and briefly reflect on this session as a whole (shorter)

Please provide me a reference link or any solution for it.

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Dylan,

Is it a New user form that you want the data to be filled in for ? Or are you editing an existing user in the system and want the data to be autofilled.

For new User forms you won't be able to have he information autofilled since no data on that user would exist prior to creating it.

Please provide a bit more clarity on this for me.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, It is my post form. There are some fields which i mentioned in my previous message.

More thing I want to call my post item as a text field so please assist me in how can I achieve this logic using toolset form.

Waiting for your reply on the same.

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 9.20.42 AM.png

Hi Dylan,

Let me see if I understand correctly.

When a user is creating a New Post with the form you want some of the fields to get auto filled with the values of that user who is creating the post.

If so then only a few fields can get auto filled.

1) Facilitator Full Name - Auto fetch(Fill)
2) Facilitator Email: - Auto fetch (Fill)

We can get those from the current user by setting a default value for the field. See Screenshot

For the Facilitator Full Name you would use [wpv-current-user info="firstname"] [wpv-current-user info="lastname"]

For the Facilitator Email you would use [wpv-current-user info="email"]

Unless your other fields are on the user's profile itself then you won't be able to autofill those.

Please let me know if this helps
Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.