Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Title field in admin has disappeared

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The Custom Posts are not presenting the Title Field in the Post edit Screens

Solution:
Please head to Types > Post Types > your-custom-post-type > Edit > Custom Post Properties and check that the Box next to "Title" is checked.

This support ticket is created 8 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by suzyo 8 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Screen shot 2016-01-31 at 2.08.19 AM.png

Title field has disappeared, but from one CPT only. Title field still appears in 4 other CPTs and in WordPress core posts and pages.

I checked Content Template, Custom Fields, everything I could think of to find problem, but no luck.

Screen shot 2016-01-31 at 2.25.04 AM.png

I added the slug, and the result is that the title field is populated by "Auto Draft", see image attached.

Please head to Types > Post Types > your-custom-post-type > Edit > Custom Post Properties and check that the Box next to "Title" is checked.

Then Save the Post Type again.

Does this solve the problem?

Otherwise, can you elaborate when or after that action the Title Field "disappeared"?

Thank you

I feel extremely dumb, and very happy to have resolved problem. Thanks, Beda!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.