Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Thumbs in stead of bullits in slideshow

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Dido 8 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ghennadi.

Author
slideshow.jpg

Hi,

Please, can anyone tell me how to let my slidshow work with thumbs?

hidden link

I made two view templates and two views. I use the same field for the images.

Luo Yang
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Chinese (Simplified) (简体中文 )

Timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Hi Dido,

I asume you are going to use Thumbs image to be the slidshow's page selector.
It is not possible within Views. there are two option for the page selector: "Drop down" and "links"
Please let me know if you need else assitance.

Regards
Luo

Hi luoy,

I know the options Drop down and links, but that's not the solution.

In this topic https://toolset.com/forums/topic/picture-slider/ I read that it is possible with Views. But I don't know how to do it. The answer is to summarily.

Dear Dido,

One way to do this is to create a child post type for images and use a View to display the slider:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/creating-sliders-with-types-and-views/

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Regards,
Caridad

Hi Caridad,

Sorry, can you exactly tell me what to do? I don't have any idea. I made the slider like in the tutorial. What link should I set on the thumbs?

I chanced the way of sliding and now the thumbs drop down after the first slide.

Dear Dido,

Views not support slider thumbnails. But you can try this plugin that can creates image/content slides with thumbnails.

hidden link

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Regards,
Gen.

Dear Ghennadi,

Ok, I will think about it..

Maybe I use the slider as it is without thumbs, or I will use a total different plugin.. It must be easy to access for my client.
This afternoon I downloaded this plugin
hidden link

but it seems not easy too. (sigh)

Kind regards