Skip Navigation

[Closed] Thumbnail images are not being used

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

1) Uploading new images is not an option. The current images are the only ones that can be used for each post.
2) Because the problem occurs with no other plugins except for Types and Views and a default WP theme, as you have seen, this is not due to any incompatibility with other plugins or themes.

Since this problem can not be duplicated in a fresh WP installation, so it is an exception.

As I mentioned above the FTP access you provided is not valid, please check it, make sure it is valid:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/thumbnail-images-are-not-being-used/#post-1810979
It seems that your webserver is using SSH key to setup the FTP access.

I need to get the PHP debug logs from your website, private message box enabled again

Thanks for the details, the FTP access is valid, I have checked the debug logs file "error_log.txt" of your website, there isn't any item related to this issue.

Then I have tried to login your website to refresh the problem page and produce the PHP debug logs, but it is broken, I get these error:

This site can’t be reachedstaging-fishlodgescom.temp312.kinsta.cloud unexpectedly closed the connection.

So I have to download your duplicator package file, and debug it in my localhost, but it is 4G size, it takes time to download, I will update here if find anything.

You've got the wrong url: it's hidden link

The password has been changed to QYSYWi(Qd@)eH##Q1ADNkQ)D

Thanks for the details, I am checking the duplicator package files in my localhost, will update here if find anything.

When will this bug be fixed?

It is an exception, your website uploaded image files in the folder "\wp-content\uploads\" root, but by default WordPress upload image files in month folder for example "\wp-content\uploads\2020\10", so it conducts the problem, I am checking it with our developers, will update here if there is anything news.

We need to detail steps to reproduce the problem, how do you upload those old images into upload folder root?
With other plugins? please provide detail step to reproduce the same problem, thanks

I only ever upload images by dragging and dropping into the media folder.

I use several other plugins on my site. Do you want me to list all of them?

The problem is easy to reproduce—just go any page that uses a view to show 150x150 thumbnails. You'll see that it is showing the full-size image and not the thumbnail.

upload.JPG

Sorry, for the delay answer, we need detail steps to duplicate the same problem in fresh WP installation.

And I have tried these in a fresh WP installation + the latest version of Toolset plugins

1) Dashboard-> Media-> Add New
Upload an image, I get below image URL:
hidden link

2) Follow WP document to customize the WP upload folder:
https://wordpress.org/support/article/editing-wp-config-php/#moving-uploads-folder

define( 'UPLOADS', 'blog/wp-content/uploads' );

Dashboard-> Media-> Add New, upload another image file, I get below image URL:
hidden link

And test above image in front-end, both cases can output the image shortcode,
[types field='test-img' size='thumbnail' resize='crop' width='150' height='150' url='true'][/types]
and get correct results, for example, after move the upload folder, see my screenshot: upload.JPG

So we still need detail steps to duplicate the same problem in a fresh WP installation

The topic ‘[Closed] Thumbnail images are not being used’ is closed to new replies.