Skip Navigation

[Resolved] There is a problem rendering field (). wrong field type

This support ticket is created 5 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by martyB 5 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
issues.JPG

Hi !

I have a parent post type "section" and a child post type "portfolio" and one of my post field from the child got this error "There is a problem rendering field ().wrong field type" this field can be repeating I don't know if it's for this reason, but this field must be repeating.

Many thanks

As the error message elaborates, Repeating Fields should not be used in Child Post types, especially not should they be part of the "Child Post" Edit section as you see it on parent posts.

Whenever you update that Child Post thru that interface all repeating fields will be updated with one value.

You should not have repeating fields in Child Posts and edit them this way.

You would either have to remove the repeating field or make it not repeatable.

This is not a BUG, but the expected behaviour.

OK I fixed it, I have changed the name of my field I think it was because the name was in common with WordPress field.
I have just another question, I'm still have this sentence in my post relashionship "Repeating fields should not be used in child posts. Types will update all field values." do you know why?

thank you

ok I see thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.