Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Theme Support for Content Templates

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to enable Content Template for Post single page with flatsome. I checked Enable theme support debugging but no function is displayed.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/theme-support-for-content-templates/

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

The template is loading but there is the headline and categroy on the top that ist from flatsome and i dont want to use.

Login: nuica.autoactiva.de/admin
User: toolsetsupport
Password: toolset

I want to know which function i have to past in the Theme Support for Content Templates

I want to enable Content Template for Post single page with flatsome. I checked Enable theme support debugging but no function is displayed....The template is loading but there is the headline and categroy on the top that ist from flatsome and i dont want to use.
Okay so if the content of the Content Template is displayed, then there's no need for the theme support debugging. Either it works or it doesn't. The headline and category at the top of the page are simply outside the range of content controlled by a Content Template. In most themes, that range does not include the main site header / navigation, footer, and post subheader. So you have a few options:
- Hide the unwanted elements with some custom CSS.
- Modify the Flatsome theme PHP files to remove the unwanted elements.
- Disable the unwanted elements using theme options.

Hiding them with CSS should be fairly straightforward. On my local copy of Flatsome, this code hides the title area:

.post-template-default.single-post .article-inner .entry-header {
    display:none;
}

However, the link you provided shows 404 for me so I'm not able to really test this out on your site. Can you try it and let me know a URL where I can see it failing?

Modifying theme files is more difficult, and is outside the scope of support we offer here in the forums.

Disabling the unwanted elements with theme options isn't always possible, it depends on the options provided by your theme. Sometimes there is only a global option, which would remove the elements from other custom post types as well. This option usually isn't flexible enough for most sites.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.