Skip Navigation

[Resolved] the woof product filter is overriding my toolset view

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 42 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by wabw media group 7 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi John,

Our forum is a bit crowded at the moment hence the delay in response.

Thanks you for the continued patience on this.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi John,

Ok so I understand now.

Your AJAX filter is actually working but when you load the page it loads with one style but when you do an ajax filter it loads it with a different style?

Just checking that we are on the same page here.

Thanks,
Shane

Yes you got it. The whole thing works but the HTML and CSS doesn't apply once the Ajax is applied. But if you refresh the page it loads the view back in

Shane
Supporter

Hi John,

Would it be possible for the author of this ajax to have a look at this ?

They may have some solution for this to reload the css as well.

Thanks,
Shane

I tried contacting them but havent received a response been about a week. their support is nowhere near as good as your support team.

the only thing ive found on their support that seemed partially relevant was this

"There is in-built javascript event in the filter: woof_ajax_done

So, if you want to apply any js code after WOOF searching by AJAX done, for example reinitialization of product galleries, use next code construction somewhere in js file of current wp theme (better use child theme):
JavaScript
jQuery(document).on("woof_ajax_done", woof_ajax_done_handler);
function woof_ajax_done_handler(e) {
//write your code here
}

jQuery(document).on("woof_ajax_done", woof_ajax_done_handler);
function woof_ajax_done_handler(e) {
//write your code here
}

Customer request about this feature before it was implemented:

So far I've made the changes myself but I will definitely download the newer version when it comes out.
Another thing to consider (which I added as well, for my convenience), is maybe triggering a JS custom event when ajax is done. That's instead of pasting code in the admin panel. I used jQuery(document).trigger('woof_ajax_done'); and used that event in my JS file.

What I meant with the JS is that it should be in addition to your solution and not instead of it. So that users that do know what they are doing won't have to deal with the CMS and risk that other users might touch and change that section in the CMS.

"

any updates? also is the module manager no longer working? I was trying to add flexslider for another site and keep getting page not found when trying to install

Shane
Supporter

Hi John,

Sorry for the delayed response as the forum load has been quite high with new bug reports.

I'm currently having a look here now.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi John,

Not much I can really do here because the ajax plugin isn't loading the new styles.

Is there any reason why you didn't build this with our Views filters ?

See our Demo below
hidden link

I think using our Native filters would work well, however i'll open a ticket with our 2nd tier supporters to see if there is a way to load the view after an ajax refresh.

Thanks,
Shane

Think I opted not to because of simplicity however, the demo page you shared the filters dont seem to work anyhow.

Shane
Supporter

Hi John,

I've asked our 2nd tier supporters for some assistance with this to see if we can get it working with the correct template.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi John,

I took another look at this one however I noticed that your AJAX filters are now loading the correct styling for your woocommerce shop.

So i'm thinking this one is resolved.

Thanks,
Shane

yes it is now had to have a third party look at it and come up with a workaround

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.