Skip Navigation

[Resolved] the woof product filter is overriding my toolset view

This support ticket is created 7 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 42 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by wabw media group 7 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Well, those are the links you reported as the issue links in your very first post.

Those are the ones I follow to see the issue, and they do not apply a View, even thou the front end edit button says it applies the view.

I understand the issue, but I need to see it locally.
I am downloading the package and will be back with news as soon as possible.

I deployed it and for debug purposes, I disabled all Plugins not needed for this.
I got:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function masterslider() in /wp-content/themes/bootstrap-basic-child/header.php on line 69

This means the theme is using hardcoded calls to Plugin features, and so I needed to disable the Theme and use another Theme.

After this I had to resave the settings in Toolset > WooCommerce Views > Product Template File & Product Archive Template File.

Then I edited the only WordPress Views Archive on the site and added the simple output "This is the View Loop" to it.

I opened every single instance where this View is used on:
- Search results (This archive will include Products only) ==> OK
- Products ==> NOK (more details below)
- Categories (This archive will include Products only) ==> OK
- Product Categories (This archive will include Products only) ==> NOK
- Color (This archive will include Products only) ==> OK
- Condition (This archive will include Products only) ==> OK
- Style (This archive will include Products only) ==> OK

So, bottom line, all is fine but the Products and Products categories are NOT applying the View Archive, even thou the front end Edit With Toolset button says so.

Also, only the endpoint Terms are applying the View Archive.

So, before we fix anything else (I was not able to insert any Search of that WOOF Plugin anyway, by now) we need to fix this, as usually a WordPress Views Archive for the Products will, of course, let you style this properly.

I am making some more local tests on a fresh install, to see if this is somehow replicable

OK, there is something wrong with your install.

WooCommerce creates 4 pages on install:
Cart
Checkout
My Account
Shop

When you visit Shop, on the front end, you will NOT be able to click "Edit Page".
But on your install, you are able to do this.
Therefore WordPress is not treating this as an archive but as a page, and Views Archives cannot apply there.

When I create a Views Archive on a fresh install for Products, this page (Shop, which is the Products archive, slug "shop"), is styled by that View Archive.
The same goes for Product Taxonomies.

Natively the WordPress views archive will apply to all terms, no matter whether it's a parent or child or end point term.

I then added the WOOF Plugin, and it seems to have only a mode to display it as widget, is that correct?
So I did, I added a Price Filter, and that works fine.

Then I added a Taxonomy (Product Category) Filter and that works the exact same way.

So the problem on your install is not WOOF.
It's that WooCommerce is somehow corrupt and does not use an Archive but a page for the products and taxonomies.

I cannot solve that - the WOOF plugin works fine with Toolset, as far I tested it.

I recommend trying to fix the issue with the WooCommerce applying a "Normal" page instead of making it an archive, then this issues should all be solved, as the view will apply.

so what is the best solution? without having to recreate the site

subcategory-view works.jpg
subcategory-another example-working view.jpg
style-with-same-url-ajax-after-page-refresh-view working.jpg
style-with ajax-filter-view-not-working.jpg
same-url-refreshed page view works.jpg
after filter applied.jpg

Also still not understanding the issue. Ive tried with default themes as well and it does not work correctly. the views absolutely apply to products in all cases where it is filtered by searching through prodcuts and product category. the issue only comes into play when filtering by the product ajax filters. the views apply on every other product and page correctly.
In fact the view even applies to the IDENTICAL url if you refresh the page after applying the ajax filter. so for example.
You can go to the filter and select style>Oval and it will break the view but then hit refresh on your browser and then the view works perfectly. This seems to me to expresly indicate that the view is being applied and that the ajax is ignoring the view until page refresh and it loads in... Unless Im losing my mind or you perhaps arent understanding the issue.

The problem only happens when the ajax filter applies. everything else styles and outputs completely fine without issue.
I will attach screen shots.

All i need to know is why the ajax is overiding what works completely fine otherwise.

Im not sure if you are understanding the issue.

This works, just fine, when I use only WOOF, WooCommerce, WooCommerce Views, Views, Types.

As mentioned on your install the problem is that the View is not applying to the Archive at all.
The filter works fine when I test this plugin.

If you wish, I can let another Colleague test this, and chime in this Thread.

Yes please preferable someone on the same time zone as I am so not having to wait a day between replies.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi John,

Beda has asked me to assist with this ticket.

I'll respond as soon as i'm able to.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi John,

Thanks for the patience,

I managed to get up to speed with the ticket. The issue you are having is getting the AJAX filters to work on this page correct?
hidden link

I tried the filters and they do in fact work with AJAX.

Could you let me know if the issue still remains.

Thanks,
Shane

no it doesnt when you apply the search filters on the left sidebar menu for example: style > u shaped it searches and pulls up the images no problem but the styling is not the same as if you alternatively click on like Desks > traditional... however if you use the filters and they return the unstyled version then hit refresh it will then show with the styled version... look at the previously attached screenshots as well so you can also see some examples.

Shane
Supporter

Hi john,

I see so it is loading the default styling for your theme.

Unfortunately this is not something we can assist with since the custom search that you are using is not using our custom archive styling.

Our custom styling works with the YITH filter that you are using so the issue stems from the plugin that you are using.

I would recommend contacting the author of the plugin to see how best they can help with this as well.

Thanks,
Shane

i dont think that is the issue. the view works but the ajax overwrites the view still gets applied. and the plugin is the YITH that you said it does work with... can you show me what you see as "working" in screen shots? If the view applies and works find on initial page load why does it get overridden by the ajax filter,

Shane
Supporter

Hi John,

That is strange because if we go to the link here hidden link

Then I can see that your styling works but if we go to here hidden link

Then your styling doesn't work.

Would you mind providing me with a duplicator package of the website so that I can debug this issue locally ?

https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
Shane

That is as designed... if you notice the second link you shared
hidden link
is showing categories not individual products and has a different style for them.
the first link you have
hidden link
is individual products.
Woocommerce shop page is set to show categories and the sub categories are what show the products this is why the styling looks different for what you provided....

This is not the issue

The following is the issue
if you go to this page
hidden link
the view displays.....
if from there you click on any of the filters (style,condition,color) the view doesnt work.... it will update the url with the filter results and break the view, HOWEVER... if you hit refresh immediately after that, low and behold the view will then work again.
So the view loads on initial page load but then breaks on ajax filter but will then work again on refresh page load.

I provided the links to duplicator files in a previous reply can they be retrieved from there?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.