Skip Navigation

[Resolved] the woof product filter is overriding my toolset view

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 42 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by wabw media group 7 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: use an ajax product filter with toolset views

I visited this URL: ofco.wabwdev.com

I expected to see: the view on my woocommerce archive but it is being overridden by the plugin

Instead, I got: The view works when going to the product category by clicking the tile or by selecting a category in the sidebar but when applying a filter it goes to adefault view and doesnt apply my styling.

Do I understand it correctly that you search with a WooCommerce Search Feature for a product and the results page, is not applying a certain View you created?

I need to know what template you apply on that search archive.

I also need more info on this:
"but when applying a filter it goes to a default view"

What do you mean by default View?
There are no default Views in Toolset Views, so it's a View that you created - as in example the Shop Archive or a Custom View that displays Products.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/normal-vs-archive-views/

With WooCommerce you can style the Shop and Single Product Templates using Toolset.
This is illustrated here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/getting-started-woocommerce-views/

If you try to customise a Search Archive, you should create a WordPress Archive and apply it to the Search Results.

On the other hand, if you want a View, that has a Custom Search, you should create one according to this DOC:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-page-filters/

Please let me know the exact setup, so I can help more detailed.

no i understand the woocommerce views and search archives... this is not the issue. The issue is with a plugin "woof product filters" it uses ajax and the filter return a filtered view but it overrides the woocommerce view i have created. the view works fine when going to the product directly without using the fiter but when you filter items it returns results that are not styled or laid out with the woocommerce view i created. you can see what i mean by going to ofco.wabwdev.com/products
on that page if you click on the category images in the right to drill down to products it works correctly however, if you use the filters on the side bar it will display differently. give it a try and let me know if you understand what i am meaning.

I do not see any difference when using either the Filter or the Images on the right side of the Sidebar.
Both call the same URL and the same outlined HTML.

Please, can you grab a screencast of this issue, so I can see it?

toolset-view.jpg
filter-view.jpg

ok you probably are seeing the category images... for the individual products that return the view is extremely different. im attaching screen shots.
they file called "filter.jpg" is individual products and should not be displayed like categories but the plugin is overwriting the view.

any thoughts?

OK, this is an issue with your Plugin.

As you see the URL's are completely different depending on how you sort.
With your Plugin, the URL is "?swoof=1&pa_condition=new&paged=1" and when clicking on the image, it's an Archive (and that is as far I understand correctly styled?): product-category/bookcases/

This is a conflict with the type of Template.
Ours, or better, the Archive, is an Archive template, while your plugin is calling a Search results Template (see the URL parameter ?swoof)

Now, I am quite sure that's an expected behaviour that we have registered internally some time ago to see if we can provide a solution but to be sure, I would like to ask you a Site's Snapshot so I can confirm this locally.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Can you add this in the next private reply along with the exact links to the Views/Archives/Front End Pages?

Thank you

Bildschirmfoto 2017-02-15 um 15.19.45.png

I receive:

ERROR: The password you entered for the username toolset is incorrect. Lost your password?

Can you review those login details?

Furthermore, I will not be able to debug this online, that is not possible for technical reasons.

At least I would need a copy of that plugin + instructions how to use it and replicate the issue.

First, let's see what I find on the Site, but I will probably need this data to go further in degugging.

Thank you

your_site.com/products/ says, it applyies the Archive View "Archive for Products"

But that is not possible, as because:
- The View does not show on this page (simply try to output "HERE IS VIEW" with this View Archive and you will see nothing happens)
- This is an ARCHIVE View, so it cannot display a PAGE.
- The URL IS and Archive, but it leads to a PAGE, with slug "products". This is not normal.
Have you customized the native "Shop" page of WooCommerce?
Then that woudl make more sense.
- Simply delete everything from the View Archive Loop, you still see output on the front end.

So, bottom line, this archive/page is NOT styled with Views at all.

This is because in Toolset > WooCommerce Views you do not apply any of our templates.
So Views cannot take over ever.

It's explained here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/getting-started-woocommerce-views/

Only if you activate a proper (Toolset ready) template this will work.

not sure what you mean. i edited the woocommerce view in the child theme to add a container and sidebar for the size but the hooks are all default.

also using the default view doesnt allow me to customize the sidebar. or display the one i created so cant get the ajax filter plugin to even display.

also it is feeding the content from the wordpress archive i created here
hidden link
and can easily output "here is the view" in the output section from here

here-is-the-view-archive.jpg
here is the view.jpg

screenshots

any updates?

1. not sure what you mean. I edited the WooCommerce view in the child theme to add a container and sidebar for the size, but the hooks are all default.

To use Toolset to customise WooCommerce Shop and Single Product pages, it's intended to use the WooCommerce Templates as they are ready for it.
Can you try to use this setting? This should work flawlessly.

2. also using the default view doesn't allow me to customise the sidebar. or display the one I created so can't get the ajax filter plugin even to display.

Toolset cannot customise Sidebars - because this is not part of the_content().
But, you can display a View's Search in a Widget zone, and if that sidebar is widgetized, you can insert the Search There.
This is intended to be a "Post View" with a Custom Search, not an Archive, in case you want to do this.

3. also it is feeding the content from the WordPress archive I created here
hidden link
and can easily output "here is the view" in the output section from here

The first URL with problems you shared is ofco.wabwdev.com/products, and that one clearly does not apply your View.
Neither does an URL like ofco.wabwdev.com/product-category/bookcases/
Only ofco.wabwdev.com/product-category/seating/task-chairs/ applies the View.

So it seems only the Term endpoints are applying the View Archive.
Not Parent Terms thou.

This is not expected, on the parent Term Archive, you should see at the very least all (produced by the View) Child Term's Posts.

I tested this locally, and it works fine.

Now, this means something is conflicting with this - and it does not seem the AddOn you mention because no matter how I reach a Parent Term (Either with the AJAX filter fo the plugin or with Views), I still cannot see the Posts.

I need to dig into this locally, so I can make major tests and changes here to see what is wrong.

Can you provide me with a Copy of that Site?
I know that you provided a Staging Site, but I cannot run a Debugger on an Online Site (remote).
This needs to be done locally.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

You mentioned that Duplicator did not work.
What you can try is to exclude images, uploads and backups, so the package becomes smaller, and then your Server should allow to run it.
Otherwise, I will need a DataBase Dump and a copy of the FTP Files (Zipped up and share in Google Drive)

Then I can analyse this and eventually send it in, to the Developers.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.