Skip Navigation

[Resolved] The view in the portfolio page loads very slowly when clicking the filters.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author

I had created a post type for portfolio with various post fields. I had also created a view for a slider with three columns which will dynamically load when we change the filter. But the navigation buttons and the filter buttons load very slowly, whenever we click the navigation button or filter button, it takes atleast more than 5 seconds to load new portfolios and slide across. The column only consists of a single image for each portfolio, so it couldn't be the image, I had once created a view without any kind of styling to test it but it was still slow to load. I'm not sure what the issue can be, but it was supposed to load immediately.

I have added multiple css styles to change the look of the navigation and filter buttons.

Here are the details for the website
The page with the slider
hidden link

[ WP Credentials Removed ]

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

gateway timeout.png
JS error in console.png

Hi Rahul, Thank you for contacting Toolset Support.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

1. I can see that you are using old version of Toolset plugins. Please update ALL Toolset plugins to it latest official release. You can do that from Plugins >> Add New >> Commercial tab, Or you can download it from your account: https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2. I noticed that you site is hosted on GoDaddy, there servers are not good for WP sites and I do not recommend using them, instead use a better hosting provider such as Hostgator, Siteground, Bluehost, etc. I see “Gateway Timeout” alert even on the WP Backend or homepage too (screenshot attached), where Toolset filters have nothing to do.

3. Further, there is a JS error in the browser console coming from the theme (screenshot attached), please update your theme to latest version as well or resolve this js error.

-- We also recommend upgrading WP to latest version for better stability & performance (although its optional).

Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.