Skip Navigation

[Resolved] The User Registration Notification email is sending site links instead of ..

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The notifications from a User Registration Form are sending the post body of the home page in place of the expected email body.

Solution:
There was a conflict with the Pop Box for elementor plugin. Adding the Form on a normal page resolved the problem.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 5 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
the-email-i get-on test.png
EMAIL-NOTIFICATION-SETUP.png

Hello Toolset World.

So I am struggling with user registration.

I set the form as per instructions at https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-user-forms-email-notifications/

I set up my email notification to give the following subject and body - upon user registration

SUBJECT | %%USER_USERNAME%% | Your login details for SITENAME (Which works perfectly fine)

BODY | Hi, thanks for registering with Sitename Please find the password and password reset details below. We look forward to welcoming you on sitename

%%USER_PASSWORD%%

%%RESET_PASSWORD_LINK%%

Team, Sitename.

BUT | The mail which comes to my test account is

Subjectline | Correct, same as i set it.

Body (Totally different from what I set up. I actually get text grabbed from my home page instead of the message.

(Please find two images attached. one is the email notification I setup, the other is the email i received on testing the setup.)

ALSO - I have set up the field {What to show after submitting the form: } as {Display a message instead of the form}
That does not show up and it automatically redirects to the homepage.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Can you quickly test that there are no conflicts from other plugins or your theme that are affecting this before I go any further in trying to identify the problem?

Disable all non-Toolset plugins and switch to twentyseventeen theme.

Test again.

Is the notification email still wrong?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.