Skip Navigation

[Resolved] The uploaded images to the original post are different from the translated post

This support ticket is created 5 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 4 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Screenshot_17.jpg
Screenshot_16.jpg

I have created an image gallery in a group of custom post fields. The images are set to be copied to the translations. However, in the translation, we see the first original image that is copied about 15 times, see screenshots. Saving the original and translated post does not solve this.
Is this a Toolset issue or a WPML issue?

Hi, does "Copy Once" work more like you'd expect here? If not, can you go to WPML > Settings and take a screenshot of your WPML Media configurations?

Screenshot_18.jpg

Hi Christian,

I have switched Image Gallery to Copy Once. How can I test this with an existing post? Or do I need to create a new one?
When I go to WPML > Settings, the whole page is covered with an overlay from the WPML welcome.notice.css.
I have removed it, please find the screenshot attached.

I would test with a new post. If this is an existing site with existing content, we may need to do some additional work to get those fields to appear as expected in existing posts. Let me know if that is the case and I will take a closer look.

Hi,
I have set the custom field to 'Copy Once' and created a new post with an image gallery. I have duplicated that post to English and the image gallery was ok.
I have also tested it with Copy from original to translation and again, I could not reproduce the problem our client experienced.
However, as per screenshot 16, there was indeed an issue with the gallery.
The only way I could fix the existing post was to overwrite all with the Dutch version and paste in the translations again.
I will ask our client how exactly he duplicated the post, maybe there is an error in his workflow.

Thank you for the information, I'll stand by for another update.

Hi Christian,
Sorry to not have updated this thread earlier, but our client has not had the time to create new accommodations on this website, but today he has and again the "translated" Image Gallery just shows 20 duplicates of the first image of the gallery in the original language.
The last time, I deleted the translation, created the duplicate and filled it with the original language, then filled in the translation, but that took me soo long and moving forward, this is not an option.

Could you please help us figure out, what causes these corrupt galleries in the translated language? The gallery is always perfect in the original language.

Sure, may I log in to your wp-admin area and make a copy of the site? I'll run some tests locally and try to figure out what's happening.

On my local copy, I have the wpcf-image-gallery field set to "Copy Once", and I'm not able to replicate the problem. Here's my workflow:
- First I create a new admin User for myself and set my profile language to English so I can read the admin area better
- Assign myself as translation manager and also as translator for all language pairs
- Edit the "House - Content Template" template and add the Image Gallery field at the top for testing purposes
- In Dutch, I create a new Accommodation post using about 20 images. Each image is uploaded individually, and I do not select existing images from the Media Gallery.
- Set the House - Content Template to be applied to this new post
- Test the new post in Dutch. The image gallery is displayed as expected.
- In wp-admin, edit the Dutch post and click the "+" icon next to "English" in the Language panel. The Translation Editor is displayed.
- Copy all the fields from the original and save the translation.
- Test the new post in English. The image gallery is displayed as expected.
- Edit the English translation directly in wp-admin. The image gallery is again displayed as expected.

So I'm having some trouble replicating the problem. I am using your custom theme and the plugins that were active at the time I made the site clone. Can you provide some additional information about the workflow your client uses to create the Accommodation posts with corrupted galleries?

Hi Christian,
I will ask our client if he can reproduce the issue with your workflow. However, when I look at the Translation Roles, the whole screen is covered with an overlay: hidden link

Also, how do we (easily) correct the corrupt translated galleries?

On the Translation Dashboard tab, is there a popup showing information about WPML Media? If so, click "Learn More". Then you should be able to dismiss the overlay. If you do not see a popup, try temporarily disabling the two Webcraftic plugins. They seem to add the "hide this notification forever" links, which might be part of the issue here. If you hide the initial notification there's no way to bring it back unless you disable those plugins.

If that doesn't help, let me know which User you are logging in as and I can run a test locally.

After disabling the Webcraftic plugins, I was able to dismiss the WPML Media issue.
Although that did not fix the existing corrupted galleries.

Okay thanks, I will wait for your response about the workflow. In the meantime, I'm sure yet how to resolve the existing corrupt galleries issue. I'm hoping that we will learn more about the problem from your client, and that will provide the information we need to resolve the duplication issue.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.