Skip Navigation

[Resolved] The output of view is adding random paragraph tags and breaks into the loop

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am seeing extra paragraph tags and line breaks rendered in the loop template.

Solution: Turn off 3rd-party filters by adding suppress_filters="true" to all the wpv-post-body shortcodes in the loop editor.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#vf-153372

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ian Henderson 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

If you visit here hidden link and inspect the html on any of the blocks with chapter/articles you will see <p></p> added after the closing of the <div> - firstly after an embedded view, and then after the closing of the column div. Those paragraph codes are definitely not in the view content template - Toolset seems to be adding them. Any idea?

Hello, sometimes other plugins and themes can inject extra markup when rendering Content Templates, and I suspect that may be the case here. If you are using the legacy Views editor to create this View, you can turn off the effects of those other plugins by adding suppress_filters="true" to all wpv-post-body shortcodes used in the View's loop editor:

[wpv-post-body view_template="template-slug" suppress_filters="true"]

That's what I would try first. If this does not solve the problem, I will need to take a closer look. You may have some invalid markup produced in the templates, or invalid markup in some of the custom fields or other dynamic content that is causing a problem during browser rendering, or another issue I'm not able to predict.

Thanks Christian - that sorted it out perfectly! I'm using Toolset with Elementor - that may be the issue?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.