Skip Navigation

[Closed] The map doesn't come out.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
map.GIF

The map remains the same even if you put the address of the mark. It doesn't change.

Hello, please go to Toolset > Settings > Maps and click the "Check API" button. Please include the status response in your next reply. Also, please copy + paste the marker address in your next reply so I can easily copy + paste the same address in a test. I will review your responses and give you some feedback.

구글맵4.GIF

address : 창원시 의창구 봉곡동 34-2
English address : 8, Jigwi-ro, Uichang-gu, Changwon-si, Gyeongsangnam-do, Republic of Korea

front-end.png
autosuggest.png
after-autosuggest.png

Okay I tested this and entered the following address in the marker address field:
창원시 의창구 봉곡동 34-2

The Maps API suggests the following geocoded address instead - see autosuggest.png:
South Korea, Gyeongsangnam-do, 창원시 의창구 봉곡동 34-2

You must select a geocoded address from the autosuggest options in order to display a marker at this location. After selecting the geocoded address, the marker is displayed as expected - see after-autosuggest.png and front-end.png. The original address is not acceptable for Google Maps, unfortunately, and will not display a marker correctly. Try this - delete the original address, then paste it again in the marker address field. The autosuggest options should then appear, and you can select the geocoded address instead of the original address. Then a marker should appear on the map, and you can save the post. Let me know if this is not working for you and I can take a closer look.

자동제안옵션.GIF

I can't find where 'autosuggest options' are.

address.png

You haven't entered an address in this screenshot. You must type or paste an address in the Marker Address field, where it says "Type your address here" in your latest screenshot.

Autosuggest is also called typeahead, autocomplete, or predictive search. I have attached another screenshot. The autosuggest option text starts with "South Korea, Gyeongsangnam-do..." and it appears just below the original address field. It works like the Google Search bar:
- First, type or paste the original address in the Marker Address field.
- After a few moments, a preferred geocoded address is suggested by the Google Maps API. This is shown with a purple outline in this new screenshot.
- You must select the geocoded address by clicking it with your mouse or by selecting it with the keyboard.
- The original address is updated to show the geocoded address, and a marker should appear on the map at the correct location.

구글맵5.GIF

Even if you put the address in the marker address field and wait a long time, you can't see the address suggested by gole map api. How long do I have to wait with the address in the marker address field?

That is strange, because it is normally quite fast. Usually a list of suggestions appear in fewer than 5 seconds. If the suggested address does not appear quickly for you, there must be another problem. There could be a conflict with another plugin or your theme. Can you try the following troubleshooting steps?
- Temporarily activate a default theme like Twenty Twenty and deactivate all plugins except Toolset Types, Toolset Blocks (or Toolset Views) and Toolset Maps.
- If you want to activate a Maintenance Mode plugin during testing, that is okay.
- Clear your browser cache, then reload the page in wp-admin to edit the page again.
- Type or paste the original address in the Marker Address field.
- If an autosuggest address appears below the input field, we can assume there is a plugin or theme conflict. Reactivate your theme and other plugins one by one, testing each time, until the problem returns. Let me know what you find out.
- If no autosuggest address appears below the input field, please clear the address and begin typing some numbers like "123". Are suggestions displayed for this numeric input? What if you type the name of a country, like "Italy"?
- Please open the browser's JavaScript console to see if any errors are displayed. If you are unfamiliar with the JavaScript console, you can search Google for instructions specific to your browser. Open the console, and if any text is shown in the console logs, please copy + paste that text in your next reply.

The topic ‘[Closed] The map doesn't come out.’ is closed to new replies.