Skip Navigation

[Resolved] The Front End Form for creating a Member is not working peoperly

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by FRANCESCOD7762 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi Luo,

The Front End Form for creating a Member ("Formulaire pour Membres" : hidden link) is not working peoperly :
- it creates a Member with a coded Title , example : CRED Auto Draft 6926e6c1df579115a27f0beb86d68a06
- consequently, the forms cannot fulfill the condition (Member name = logged in User) : the view displaying the Member's Oeuvres related posts is : "Membre: publication créée par l'utilisateur identifié (logged in)", hidden link ; to check the display on the Front End : hidden link

Thank you for checking these 2 issues.
Francesco

Dear Francesco,

Since there isn't post title in the post form you mentioned above:
hidden link
So it is expected result, Toolset Forms plugin will generate the post title for you automatically.

If you want to preset the new post title as current logged-in user's name, you can try these:
1) You can get current logged-in username with shortcode
[wpv-user field="user_login"]
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-user

2) Add the post title field into above post form, for example:
[cred_field field='post_title' class='form-control' output='bootstrap' value='[wpv-user field="user_login"]']
Then it will create the new "member" post using title of current username

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-end-forms/cred-shortcodes/#cred_field
value. Optional. Preset value

Hi Luo,
Thank you for answering the issue with the Form for creating a Member ("Formulaire pour Membres"). I added the cred input field with the preset. I also pre-populated the First Name, Last Name and Email input fields with the Users data.

But the View where this form is displayed is not working. But this is part of a previous question and I explain this in the other ticket :
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/make-user-able-to-create-her-own-collection-one-of-artworks-many-view/

Best regards,
Francesco

I assume the issue of this thread is resolved, according to our support policy, we prefer one question one ticket, for other view issues, please check the thread you mentioned above.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.