Skip Navigation

[Resolved] The "Edit Link to Post" only shows on the Admin area

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Followed each step here to create an edit post profile template: https://toolset.com/course-lesson/front-end-forms-for-editing-content/

When the user role of "casting" is logged in and views their own profile (custom post type), the "edit post link" (as in the tutorial above) does not work. The delete link works. Access settings for this post type: hidden link

When logged in as "admin" the "edit post link" shows on the profile page. Example: hidden link

So, the "edit post link" works only when logged in as admin. How can I show this for the user role (casting) that created the profile.

Thanks!

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Marge

If you go to Toolset > Access Control and choose the Toolset Forms tab you'll see you need to set permissions for access to the edit form, enabling it for the Casting role.

Can you check that and confirm it works?

Thank you for the instructions! I thought I had it covered with user edit own custom post type. I did not have access edit form ticket

There's a bit of a disconnect with the documentation video as it says the instructions are in the next video. There is no "next video" in a progression. I just found the instructions for other users:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/controlling-access-to-front-end-forms/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you very much!

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I've shared that feedback with the documentation team, thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.