Skip Navigation

[Resolved] The distance filter isn't working….

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 4.53.59 PM.png

I am trying to:
Display a list or results that are within a certain radius of distance... from the user's computer location to the address stored in an "address" field in a custom post type.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
I expect to get filtered results - the ones that fell withing a distance of where I am.

Instead, I got:
All records are always returned.

I see the note suggesting we "chat" instead.
Sure! Whatever is better.
How do I change this ticket to a chat session ?

Feel free to call me: (707) 486-2048

Chat is only available during the week and only when you create a ticket, not later.

I had a look at this and saw that for example [toolset-maps-distance-value origin_source='visitor_location' postmeta='wpcf-address' unit='mi'] does not display anything on the site.
However, even creating a new View, I cannot make this work.
It always displays all results, as if the query would not apply.

It works however locally and on online sites I tested.

This must hence be a conflict with another Plugin, Theme, Server or any setting used.

Can you try disabling all Plugins but Toolset to see if that works, and as well try another Theme?
If that does not help, please zip up the site and send that to me:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.