Skip Navigation

[Resolved] The cred hooks don't work when the cred form is added with code (do_shortcode)

This support ticket is created 5 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 5 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to use the cred hooks with a cred form that is being added with the do_shortcode function. This code is being used as a template when I create the page. When I submit the form I get "There was an error while submitting the form"

When I create an identical page directly (without a template) and add the same cred form the functionality gets hooked as expected.

I tried turning off AJax and all the other plugins but I get the same results. Is there something different I have to do when a cred form is added with code? That appears to be the only difference between the forms.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us and I'll be happy to assist.

To see why the function attached to the CRED hook is not executing properly, I'll need to see the code for that function, the template file with "do_shortcode" function and the form's settings.

Can you please upload your website to an online server and share it's admin area login details, in reply to this message?

Your next reply will be private, which means only you and our support team will have access to it.

Important notes:

1. Please make sure to take a complete backup of your website before sharing the access details.
2. Also, share the name of the form and the theme files where the custom functions can be seen.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.