Skip Navigation

[Resolved] the Bulky-ness of views in Blocks

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by adamG5230 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I have created several views for my website. when adding them into Blocks...well they come out blocky on the backend. They are big and bulky and does not display what they will look like on the front end. Its hard to work with since you can't see what it will look like on the front end.

I have read up on this and watched many of your videos but I can't figure this out.

Is the only way to make it look the way I want, is to do all the CSS in the loop area?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Adam,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I'll need to see exactly how the page preview looks in the backend, to suggest the best way forward.

Can you please share temporary admin login details along with an example page where this can be seen?

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

elementor-preview-settings.png

Hi Adam,

Thanks for writing back and for sharing the access details.

Based on what you've shared, here are a few points which will help in reducing the confusion:

1. The frame or borders which are shown when editing an Elementor's template are there to show editing controls and the boundaries of different sections, rows, and widgets. Without them, it would be difficult to understand where one element ends and the other one starts.

2. When editing a template without selecting a target preview post, it will show only generic information. If there are some views that show data related to a particular post ( like the views that you have in your template ), those views will not show the results correctly in the preview, even though it will show results correctly on the front-end ( example: hidden link ).

You can select a target preview post when editing the Elementor template, as shown in the attached screenshot.

I hope these points will help and please let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

For a new question/concern, please open a new ticket.

regards,
Waqar

Thank you! that was helpful. My issue is resolved now.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.