Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Testimonial slider

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by zeljko-turkaljS 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I have simple custom post type with few fields (testimonials cpt). I need to sort them by date, where date is one of the custom fields. When I sort them in page where I showcase all of them in descending mode (latest first) everything seems fine, please check this page:

hidden link

But when I want to showcase them in slider mode on home page by same order (descending, newest first), the first post is the newest one (sorted by this date field) but the next one is the oldest one and so one. Please check this home page:

hidden link

You can also check my custom page with title and date, sorted by this date in descending mode.

hidden link

Can you please advise
Sasa

Hello, can you show me how the slider is added on the homepage and also how it is added on the testimonial page? For example, if the View is inserted with a shortcode please copy + paste the shortcodes here for me to review. If it's inserted with a Block, please select the View block in the block editor and show me a screenshot of the block configurations in the right column. There are configurations in either case that can override the sorting you have applied in the View editor screen, so I'm curious if this is why the sorting is different.

Hi Christian, here are they. For your reference, I did tried to add overiding sorting configuration, but without success.

Home page
{!{wpv-view name='ds-testimonials-home-testimonials'}!}

Testimonials page
{!{wpv-view name='ds-testimonials-list-of-all-testimonials'}!}

Test page
{!{wpv-view name='test'}!}

Okay so I don't see any shortcode overrides here. Something else must be going on. Is it possible to run a quick test where you place all the Views on the same custom Page, deactivate all plugins except Types and Views (or Blocks), and activate a default theme like Twenty Twenty? If you need to activate a plugin for Maintenance Mode during testing, that's fine. That will help us rule out a possible conflict with another plugin or theme.

If the results are sorted correctly in this test, try reactivating your theme and other plugins one by one until the problem returns. If the results are not correct in this test, I'll need to take a closer look. Please let me know the results and we can go from there.

No, this is not possible, this is running public site

Right, do you have a test environment or staging environment set up? If not, I can create a clone of the site and run tests on my local environment. I would need to log into your site's wp-admin area and install the Duplicator plugin to create a site clone. Let me know how you would like to proceed.

Dev env is finished. Can I have email for user account?

Did you receive user creation letter?

Hello, could I request another login link? It seems that the credentials you provided have expired. Sorry for the delay in response, the queue has been quite busy lately.

Dear Christian, please use this link and you email address from previous private message

hidden link

There seems to be a conflict with the Post Types Order plugin. Please look at the dev environment now, I have disabled all plugins except Toolset, WPBakery and the Post Types Order plugin. You can see on the homepage the order is incorrect, but if you disable the Post Type Order plugin the order is displayed as expected. Can you confirm this?

It is working, thanks Christian !!!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.