Skip Navigation

[Resolved] test Content Template showing up on unintended page

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nickK-8 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi -- another newb issue I'm sure...

I've got a test Content Template going which I'd been using to figure out if I can do what I have in mind for a static homepage to replace loop.

I had this template associated with an unpublished/draft page (perhaps unwisely called Home). I've just realised that my test Content Template has taken over my live homepage, inserting itself into the second pre-loop widget area. Seems a very random place to do it, and I've no idea why, though I imagine my naming of the pages initially hasn't helped.

I've tried renaming the unpublished test page and even duplicated, renamed and deleted the test Content Template, but after purging the cache, it's still there among the widgets on my homepage.

Help?...

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Nick,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the website to check on this for you ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response. Please let me know the page that the template is appearing on that it shouldn't.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the credentials, however i'm not seeing where you've sent a link to the page with the issue.

Secondly i'm not seeing any content template on the site.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Shane

sorry -- it's the homepage: hidden link

You can see the repetition immediately after the initial widget. All the subsequent images/headings in bold are being drawn from the Content Layout. Your colleague Jamal has pointed out that as this content layout is set to be applied to Pages, it will apply to all pages, but in the settings I intentionally set it to a single page of which the Homepage isn't one, and it's not being applied to other pages such as About, Privacy etc., so that can't be it.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nick,

What is happening here seems to be your default template.

Whilst I can see the repeated posts i'm not seeing any content template on the page. Also no content template or custom template was created.

Checking on your views I'm not seeing where any has been assigned to a page.

Perhaps you can record a short video of what template you used to build this page because i'm not seeing any reference to Toolset.

Thanks,
Shane

Cool - I'm glad it's as much a mystery to you as to me.

I've not built that page at all. It's the default homepage that came with the Slush Pro theme including widget areas and loop.

My intention is to replace it with a static homepage that this content layout is going to go into, but it's not ready yet and I didn't do anything to insert it into this page, so not a lot I can make a video of..

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nick,

I did some more checks and I can say that this is 100% not Toolset because with our Blocks plugin disabled the homepage still displays the same.

I see that it was made using YellowPencil. This is where your TestHome template is. You can still make your static homepage but you will need to set your wordpress to use a static homepage rather than the block page.

This can be found in Settings -> Reading.

Thanks,
Shane

YellowPencil is just a CSS editor. There obviously must be a reason for a layout to get called into a widget, but I'll dig further myself.

Thanks for the tips on how to make a static page; yes I do look forward to doing that, but unfortunately my progress on that is being held up by the unreliable behaviour of multiple query filters. Hoping to get that resolved soon.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.