Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Templates using the WPBakery Page Builder – problems

This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to:

I use the new integration between Toolset and Visual Composer: https://toolset.com/2017/12/toolset-is-proud-to-announce-that-wpbakery-page-builder-formerly-visual-composer-is-now-custom-types-ready. I created a template, as in the instructions.

I noticed a few problems:

1) I can not use the Toolset values inside the charts VC.
2) If you use quotation marks, for example:
wpv-post-id id="65"
it does not work correctly. It is necessary to use such:
wpv-post-id id=65

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Oleg,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

VC charts is this a module of Visual Composter ? If so then it could be that the VC element does not accept shortcodes as data providers.

Secondly what happens if you try using single quotes instead of no quotes? Also under what context are you using the wpv-post-id shortcode.

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

1) "VC charts is this a module of Visual Composter ? If so then it could be that the VC element does not accept shortcodes as data providers."

This page: https://toolset.com/2017/12/toolset-is-proud-to-announce-that-wpbakery-page-builder-formerly-visual-composer-is-now-custom-types-ready/ says: "Use Toolset shortcodes and custom fields in any Elements of the Page Builder (including button and URLs)". Are the VC charts not supported?

2) "Secondly what happens if you try using single quotes instead of no quotes?"

I use a shortcode that is generated automatically. Can you test it and configure this to make it work correctly?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Oleg,

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the website so that I can check on these issues for you ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Oleg,

Thank you for the credentials.

So i've tested this and its not actually a bug its just that the shortcodes are not accepted or rather processed under this context.

This field only accepts the actual static numeric values.

Also the shortcodes seems to work perfectly fine with the double quotes as tested here hidden link

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.