Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Template Layout Issue with New Theme

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hello,
I had my business template all set up and it was working great. However, I just switched themes and now the template on the front end is all messed up. I can't seem to figure out the issue as in the back end, nothing appears to have changed. My directory page is still good. My form to add a new business is still good. The business listing page/template, however, is now a mess. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I am now using the BuddyBoss theme.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

From your message, I understand you're referring to the template "Template for Businesses" that is used for single "Business" posts.
( e.g. yourwebsite.com/business/hilton-consulting-llc/ )

If that is correct, can you please some details around exactly how it has changed?
( this is how it is currently showing: hidden link )

I'll be in a better position to guide you accordingly.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,
Thank you for your response.
Yes, I am referring to the template for businesses used for single business posts.
Mainly, how do I remove the sidebar from this template as well as the page title? I am using a plugin to remove page titles and have that setting ticked "on" for this template, however, the page title is still appearing at the top of each listing using this template. I am also not seeing any option to remove the sidebar from this template.
Thanks for your time and expertise,
Katie

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Katie,

I apologize for the delay in getting back on this, as we had an unusually busy forum queue after the weekend.

Each theme offers different features and settings to control its elements like header, footer, sidebars, and page titles, etc. To get the most accurate and up-to-date information related to a theme's options, it is recommended to consult its official documentation and support.

For example, you'll find information related to the BuddyBoss Theme's sidebar settings at:
hidden link

I also noticed that you've already included some custom CSS code in the "Template for Businesses", to hide the sidebar and the page title, which is the right way to go, when the theme doesn't offer any built-in settings to control them.

regards,
Waqar

Thank you for responding! Yes, I was able to poke around with some CSS to figure this out. I may have additional Toolset questions in future, but for now, thanks for your help once again!

Businesslisting.png
businessdirectory.jpg

I thought I'd have more questions...

On my business directory page: hidden link
I would like the name that is shown there to actually link back to that user's profile. And likewise on the individual business listing pages: hidden link. See attached screenshots. I'm using a dynamic field in Toolset to show a custom field. However, that field is just text. Is there a way to instead insert a dynamic field that links to a member's profile?

Thanks in advance for any help on this!
Katie

New threads created by Waqar and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-linking-template-custom-field-with-buddypress-member-profile/

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Katie,

I've split your latest question into a new ticket since as per our support policy ( https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/ ), only one question or issue can be addressed through a single ticket.
( I'll reply to that new ticket shortly: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-linking-template-custom-field-with-buddypress-member-profile/ )

You're welcome to mark this ticket as resolved and open a new one for each new question or concern.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.