Skip Navigation

[Closed] Template for Custom Post Type

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hello @team

We can't create the template for a single plan,

We also tried with the help of short-code as well but that also didn't work properly

We need to tell you that for example "Specification" details we have called with the help of short-code but it's not displaying at the Front Side of the website

So kindly go through the below video for your reference and let us know solutions for the same to fix this
hidden link

My Custom post type name is "Plan".

Thank You!

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

Firstly, please be careful sharing site credentials, this is a public forum, and we need to set private replies for you to be able to share credentials securely.

I've edited your post to remove those credentials.

I looked at your site, assuming it to be something simple relating to which theme you are using, or because of a clash from another theming solution (Elementor in your case), but despite trying a few basic changes on your site (switching theme, deactivating plugins) I can't determine why the template is not being used when outputting the plan posts.

So I've taken a copy of the site to install locally where I can test it more thoroughly.

I'll update you again with my findings.

Nigel
Supporter

The problem occurs because of the NextGen gallery plugin. Disabling the plugin the content from the templates then shows up on the front-end as expected.

I noticed that there was an update of the plugin available, and when I updated it the problem disappeared, so it seems there was a flaw in their plugin which they have already fixed.

You should find it working correctly on your site now.

(As an aside, as a new user I would have expected you to be using the Blocks interface for designing templates, but because you have the Classic editor plugin installed it means you are limited to using the legacy Views editor with shortcodes, and you will find that the documentation—which is based on the Blocks editor—will not fully match the experience you have with the legacy editor.)

Hello @team,

First of all thanks for the reply,

As per your given instructions, we have disabled the NextGen gallery plugin also we have set the logic of Drag and Drop with the help of Block Editor

but we want to use this in the classic editor but what we have seen is directly going to Reset the Classic Editor Template and then we click to the same then Short-code is also getting disappeared automatically

Now, you provide your solutions to this that how can we use the same logic of Drag & drop Slider and as well as grid column of Block Editor same in Classic Editor Template

Let me know your suggestions on the above and for your reference, we have created one video for your reference

hidden link

Thank You!

Nigel
Supporter

Screenshot 2021-04-08 at 08.28.46.png

I'm not sure I understand why you would want to use the legacy editor for templates if you want to enjoy the benefits of the blocks that are available when using the block editor. (You cannot use the blocks with the classic editor.)

If the problem occurs because you want to use the Classic Editor plugin to disable the block editor on normal Posts and Pages then I suggest you go to Toolset > Settings and specify that the block editor should be used for templates (and probably custom archives), as shown in my screenshot.

Hello @team,

Thank you for your reply,

We need to tell you we created the video again because we are still facing the same issue the settings which are available in Block Editor like "Slider" and "Grid" these both settings are not existing in the classic editor

hidden link

As per your above mentioned screenshot, we have tried those as well and changed the settings but still, the same issue is occurring that Popup "Reset Classic Editor"

Can you please help us out to resolve this because we have tried a lot from our side but we couldn't do that

Let us know your suggestions on this

Thank You!

Nigel
Supporter

I watched your video, and the problem is that you start out editing a template with the block editor (and therefore have the blocks for sliders, grids etc. available), but then for some reason you click the link to "Use the Classic Editor for this Template".

You musn't do that.

That does exactly what it says, it changes from editing the template with the block editor (where you can use blocks) to the classic editor (where you cannot use blocks).

What is the reason you want to switch to the classic editor?

The only time I would expect someone to use the classic editor is for an existing customer who is familiar with the old interface who is editing an existing site that uses that classic interface.

I would discourage you from trying to use the classic editor. The template you are editing and adding blocks to, keep using the block editor for it.

The topic ‘[Closed] Template for Custom Post Type’ is closed to new replies.