Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Taxonomy/Term Images Question

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Chris 7 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Paweł Pela.

Author

Hello,

I am writing in reference to this post here: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/including-a-taxonomy-image-in-a-view/.

This is slick and actually does the trick in displaying the images, however, I noticed a few issues with this, the most noticeable is when viewing a page, the wpadmin bar says "Edit Activity Category" instead of "Edit Page".

I'm not a quality coder by any means but it seems that this shortcode changes some of the wp_query information and I was wondering if there might be a way to prevent this (or a more updated way to get around this problem).

Thanks for the help, this support forum is great.

Dear Chris,

I can see the problem with the code, actually, that's true. In one place (line 5) it does overwrite the $wp_query.

I haven't tested it, but please try this:

add_shortcode('wpv-taxonomy-image', 'taximage');
function taximage($atts) {
  global $WP_Views, $wp_query;
  $term = $WP_Views ->get_current_taxonomy_term();
  $orig_query = $wp_query; // save the original query
  $wp_query->queried_object = $term;
  $filtered = apply_filters( 'taxonomy-images-queried-term-image', '' );
  $wp_query = $orig_query; // restore the original wp_query
  return $filtered;
}

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Regards,
Paweł

Ha! Superb response, you guys here are great. While the code you provided did not work, you totally answered my question and I was able to get back to square one with wp_reset_query(). For everyone else out there, here is the updated code that works:

add_shortcode('wpv-taxonomy-image', 'taximage');
function taximage($atts) {
  global $WP_Views, $wp_query;
  $term = $WP_Views ->get_current_taxonomy_term();
  $wp_query->queried_object = $term;
  $filtered = apply_filters( 'taxonomy-images-queried-term-image', '' );
  $wp_query->queried_object = wp_reset_query(); // restore the original wp_query
  return $filtered;
}