Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Taxonomy Term View Not Displaying Properly on Archive Page

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nedG 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
ARCHIVE-PAGE.jpg
NORMAL-PAGE.jpg

I have created a Taxonomy View to display the term names, URLs and main image(s) for each taxonomy term in a nice Bootstrap 3.3 four (4)column grid. I limited the results to only 4 (because I only want 1 row to display) and I also added a filter to only show top level taxonomy terms (Terms with no parents)

The Taxonomy View works great and looks great and I have placed it in my navigation bar as a submenu of the "Shop" menu item.

However, even though it looks great on all of the normal CPT pages, it does not seem to be displaying properly when I visit an archive page.

The results simply "repeat" the same term output when visiting an archive page. (see screenshots). I have researched all options and I can't seem to find the reason.

Please help.

NOTE: I am using an older version of WooCommerce .

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

It seems that you put the view inside an uber menu using a shortcode, right?

Let's isolate this issue and see if it will be reproduced with minimal possible conflicts. Please check if this issue appears when:
- Only Toolset plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with another plugin.
- The theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Twenty. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
In order to disable the Uber menu too, put the view inside a footer widget. If the problem disappears, start activating one at a time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

If this does not help find out the cause of the issue, I'll need to take a closer look at your website. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **
I might also need to take a copy of your website for some local debugging. Let me know if that's fine with you.

Hi Jamal. Thank you for your reply. I realized that my UBERMENU plugin version was a bit outdated.

After manually updating it, the issue was resolved.

Thank you for taking the time to resopond.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.