Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Taxonomy term image doesn't resize in view

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to display term meta fields using Types

Solution:
To insert a term field inside your template, click on Fields and Views and select the desired field. If you are writing term meta field name manually, please make sure that you wrote right term field name.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/displaying-wordpress-term-fields/

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by eSaner 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to: Add custom image fields to custom taxonomy terms and display their thumbnail images in a view.

I have a custom post type with custom taxonomy. I added a taxonomy term image field to the custom taxonomy. I created a view that queries the custom taxonomy and outputs the term link and image.

The view loop looks like this

<wpv-loop>
          [wpv-taxonomy-link]
          [types termmeta="auction-cat-featured-image" size="thumbnail" align="none" resize="proportional"][/types]
		</wpv-loop>

The problem is that images are only displayed in full size. The thumbnail size is not displayed, despite size="thumbnail" in the types shortcode. I tested this on a new WP 4.4.2 install with Twenty Sixteen theme and only Types and Views plugins installed.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I checked issue you mentioned and, unfortunately, I am not able to reproduce this issue and its working normal with all different size options.

Also, to double check this issue I asked to one of my colleges to check this issue even he is not able to reproduce this.

Could you please make sure that you are using latest Toolset plugin version.

Image size name is case sensitive. Works now.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.