1) Made a custom post type with "location" as the slug
-- Used a custom URL format: location/%state%
2) Made a taxonomy group with "state" as the slug
3) Made a page with the slug "state" to display the archive list
At this point everything worked perfectly.
1) Then I changed the taxonomy slug from "state" to "states"
2) And changed the page slug from "state" to "states"
I know nothing about PHP or function files etc… I think your plugin automatically add code to my functions file when I made a custom taxonomy, is that right? My issue again was when i changed my slug from singular to plural everything broke.