Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Taxonomy Filter not working when combines w/ Radio Buttons for Taxonomies plugin

This support ticket is created 5 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: Display posts filtered by a taxonomy

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Can provide privately

I expected to see: A list of posts filtered by my taxonomy

Instead, I got: The view shows no results

I have a taxonomy that I set to use radio buttons by using the plugin "Radio Buttons for Taxonomies".

I think I have deduced that this plugin interrupts the ability to filter by Taxonomy using the Toolset query in my view.

Is there any way around this? Either to make the filter work, or to use radio buttons for taxonomies within Toolset without using the extra plugin?

Hello,

How do you setup the custom taxonomy?
If this custom taxonomy is created with Types plugin, I suggest you check these:
Deactivate the plugin "Radio Buttons for Taxonomies", and follow our document to setup the taxonomy filter, and test again:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/filtering-views-by-taxonomy/

You can also display the taxonomy filter field as a radio field, see our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-control-post-taxonomy
type (opt):
'checkbox' | 'checkboxes' | 'date' | 'datepicker' | 'radios' | 'select' | 'textfield' | 'multi-select'

Hi Luo,

If I disable "Radio Buttons for Taxonomies" the filter works. So yes, the plugin is the problem. But I need this taxonomy to be a radio button option for the user when creating the post.

Regarding the second link you sent me: I'm confused as to what it helped with. I Need the taxonomy to show as a radio button to the user when they select the taxonomy while creating the post. The link you sent me to appears to discuss the taxonomy filter (not sure what that is... do you mean when creating my view?)... also it seems like I need woocommerce to use the shortcodes on that guide. Is that correct? Because I don't have a Woocommerce site.

As a workaround, I have used a custom field instead.

Please check your original question:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/taxonomy-filter-not-working-when-combines-w-radio-buttons-for-taxonomies-plugin/#post-1153315

You are talking about a view with custom search form, a taxonomy filter field in the custom search form.

The second link is for shortcode [wpv-control-post-taxonomy], this shortcode can display the taxonomy field as a radios field in the custom search form.

For your new question:
But I need this taxonomy to be a radio button option for the user when creating the post.

I assume we are talking about a Toolset form for creating post, , if it is, there isn't such a built-in feature within Toolset form plugin, see our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-shortcodes/#cred_field
display. Optional.

There isn't option to setup taxonomy field as a radios field.

As a workaround, you can setup it as single select field, for example:

[cred_field field='YOUR-TAXONOMY-SLUG' force_type='taxonomy' output='bootstrap' display='select' single_select='true']

See above document:
single_select. Optional. Boolean. If the display=select argument is set, then single_select=true will only allow a single option to be selected (by default multiple options can be selected). Defaults to false.

I have changed the above example codes, please check it again.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.