Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Taxonomy filter is not reading and loading a view based on a custom search

This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
layout screen comprehensive brand search.jpg

I am trying to: Populate a view and show on front-end based on a URL filter exposed/provided by a search on the same layout.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The page should show with the search box/filter at the top and the initial display in a grid based on default search selections. Once a brand is selected, a post, specific to that brand should insert between the filters and the results rows.

Instead, I got: The brand specific post never loads

NOTES: I am using a taxonomy called BRANDS and am hoping to populate that row below the search box with content that is determined by the selection of the brands filed in the search box. I have the site currently set to use AJAX results update when visitor changes filter values. It could be possible that the ajax does not update the rest of the page and that other view never gets the url tag update?? Would a different update method be better? I am hoping to keep the ajax update as it is the most user friendly. Let me know if this is possible or your recommended to make this work.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - based on the debug information you shared with me I found that you are using the outdated Toolset plugins.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
Could you please update ALL Toolset plugins to it's latest official release version. You can download ALL latest Toolset plugins from:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

My staging site uses all the latest plugins and the updates starter child template. Something in the CSS is different and the site breaks with the updates. I have been holding off on the updates until I can figure out on stating how to fix those issues. Can you verify that my issue as explained above can be addresses by any changes in the changelogs between my current version and newer versions?

Is it possible to just update the views tool or do I have to update views, layouts and types all at once?

Minesh
Supporter

I tried to reproduce the issue by adding the search form to one section of layout and search result on another section of the layout with ajax filtering options set in the view but its working fine for me.

We always recomond to run your site with latest Toolset plugins. You can update ALL Toolset plugins one by one and activate it one by one.

I am working on this still. I can successfully place a search and the results in two different rows. That was never the issue as indicated above. This issue is that I need to load a third ROW based on the selections in the search box and i cannot seem to figure out how the get the information to update as the search is updated.

Minesh
Supporter

I think I misunderstood your requirement and the link you shared in your first post is not working.

Could you please share your concern with one test example so that I can understand your issue and guide you in right direction.

As I understand now - you want to display the 3rd row you added to your layout based on the brand selected by the user from views search form - correct?

Minesh
Supporter

Well - We do not recommend to work on your live site and make any tests there.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
we need test site where we can play around and I need step by step information so that I understand your issue first what exactly you are looking for and guide you accordingly.

Now - we also offer the ajax callback events that may help you to play with your ajax output and custom JS. To add frontend JS event - navigate to view's "Filter section" and open JS box - you will see a button "Frontend Events". When you click it it will allow you to choose ajax callback events for parametric search.

Refer this image:
=> hidden link

For example:

jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_parametric_search_results_updated', function( event, data ) {
    /**
    * data.view_unique_id (string) The View unique ID hash
    * data.layout (object) The jQuery object for the View layout wrapper
    */

YOUR CUSTOM CODE GOES HERE

});
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.