Skip Navigation

[Resolved] taxonomy archive page running second loop above theme header

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 5 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

My Custom Taxonomy Archive pages aren’t displaying properly.

Before attempting any customization, clicking on a tag link goes to a tag page, which displays properly.

Then I try to customize the tag archive page using Toolset, following these instructions exactly: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/normal-vs-archive-views/

1) Toolset > WordPress Archives > Add new WP Archive
-Display all the items
-loop: Taxonomy Archives > Tags

2) Loop Wizard
-field: Post title with a link
-Use a Content Template to group the fields in this loop
[wpv-post-body view_template="Loop item in Tags"]

3) Content Template
<h2>[wpv-post-link]</h2>

Now when I click on a tag link and go to a tag archive page, there is a SECOND loop of posts that runs ABOVE the theme header.

I’m doing it step for step exactly as it’s done in this video:
“How to add custom images and other fields to WordPress tags”
hidden link

I also tried these methods, but the same problem loop runs ABOVE the theme header.
-Toolset > WordPress Archives
-Views > WordPress Archive Cell
-Layouts > WordPress Archive Cell

What I am missing?

Thank you.

Dear Eric,

Thanks for the details, for the problem:
there is a SECOND loop of posts that runs ABOVE the theme header.
It might be a compatibility problem, please check these:
1) Setup the wordpress archive as you mentioned above
2) deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme 2017, and test again

We need to know if there is any compatibility problem in your website, thanks

Hi Luo,

I called my web host to check on something before I deactivated the plugins and switched to the default theme. While on the phone with the technician, he did a quick check and found several error logs that he thought correlated directly to the Toolset plugins. He thought I should send you the error logs to get your feedback before deactivating plugins and switching themes.

Here are those logs:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function WP_Installer() in /nas/content/live/primaltonic/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/controller/admin/notices.php:94\nStack trace:\n#0 /nas/content/live/primaltonic/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/controller/admin/notices.php(72): Toolset_Controller_Admin_Notices->screen_any()\n#1 [internal function]: Toolset_Controller_Admin_Notices->init_screens(Object(WP_Screen))\n#2 /nas/content/live/primaltonic/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(298): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#3 /nas/content/live/primaltonic/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(323): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)\n#4 /nas/content/live/primaltonic/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)\n#5 /nas/content/live/primaltonic/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-screen.php(396): do_action('current_screen', Object(WP_Screen))\n#6 /nas/content/live/primaltonic/wp-admin/includes/screen.php(232): WP_Screen->set_current_screen()\n#7 /nas/content/live/primaltonic/wp-content/p in /nas/content/live/primaltonic/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/controller/admin/notices.php on line 94

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function WP_Installer() in /nas/content/live/primaltonic/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/controller/admin/notices.php:94\nStack trace:\n#0 /nas/content/live/primaltonic/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/controller/admin/notices.php(72): Toolset_Controller_Admin_Notices->screen_any()\n#1 [internal function]: Toolset_Controller_Admin_Notices->init_screens(Object(WP_Screen))\n#2 /nas/content/live/primaltonic/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(298): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#3 /nas/content/live/primaltonic/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(323): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)\n#4 /nas/content/live/primaltonic/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)\n#5 /nas/content/live/primaltonic/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-screen.php(396): do_action('current_screen', Object(WP_Screen))\n#6 /nas/content/live/primaltonic/wp-admin/includes/screen.php(232): WP_Screen->set_current_screen()\n#7 /nas/content/live/primaltonic/wp-content/plu in /nas/content/live/primaltonic/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/controller/admin/notices.php on line 94
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you see anything useful here? Should I still deactivate plugins and switch themes?

You should copy/paste the debug logs completely, there should be time information, does it occur when you open the Taxonomy Archive pages in front-end?

If it doesn't, then it is related with the problem you mentioned above:
there is a SECOND loop of posts that runs ABOVE the theme header.

And I suggest you backup your website database first, before deactivating plugins and switching theme.

My web host said they didn’t have time stamps on the error logs, so I just went ahead and deactivated plugins and switched themes. Here’s what I found:

While using my current theme (ThriveThemes: Storied) I turned off all the plugins one at a time (except the Toolset plugins), and each time I tested the Tags WP Archives page, and each time the second loop rendered above the theme header.

Then I switched to the WP default theme 2017. This time the second loop did NOT render above the theme header.

Next, I tried two other themes from my theme provider (ThriveThemes: Minus and Pressive). These also DID render the second loop above the theme header.

So, it appears there is a compatibility issue between Toolset and ThriveThemes.

What is my next step? Is this something for Toolset to resolve, or is this something for ThriveThemes to resolve?

Thank you.

Since it is a compatibility problem, please provide a downloadable URL for the "ThriveThemes" in below private detail box, I need to duplicate same problem and debug it in my localhost. thanks

You can follow our document to provide a copy of your website:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/
I need to duplicate same problem and debug it in my localhost.

Since it is a compatibility problem, you can also ask help from the theme author of "ThriveThemes"

I have this ready for you. Can you please set up another private area where I can give you the information (or explain how I can do it myself)?

I just enabled the "private detail box", please provide a downloadable URL for the duplicator package. thanks

Thanks for the details, I am downloading the file, will feedback if there is anything found.

Here is what I found, the Views wordpress archive feature does not compatible with function thrive_enqueue_head_fonts() of storied theme, currently you can try this, edit the theme file "header.php" of theme "storied", line 31, from:

<?php thrive_enqueue_head_fonts(); ?>

To:

<?php // thrive_enqueue_head_fonts(); ?>

And test again.

Update: Right after I received your findings, I passed them to my theme provider. Their developers are looking into it. When I know more I'll be back.

OK, please update this thread if you need more assistance.

Luo,

Here is what I just received from the theme company:

Hello Eric,

We apologize for all the back and forth, but the developer said:
“Yep, that’s the function that causes the problem from our end, but we were wondering what part of their code is in conflict with ours.
Unfortunately, their plugin is too big and would help us if they could some how to localize the problem in one of their plugins or functionality”

This is a plugin conflict and they should address this issue on their end because our theme works with most of the plugins on the market. If they cannot address the issue on their end, they need to let us know what part of their code is interfering with our theme.

Best regards,

Thank you,
Eric

Sorry for the delay answer, I was on a trip, and changed a computer, an I am downloading the file, it is little big (300 M), it will take more time to download, I will try to locate the problem codes, and feedback if there is anything found.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.