Skip Navigation

[Closed] taxonomy archive error

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Ibrahim 6 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author
Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 6.34.44 PM.png

I am trying to: create a taxonomy archive that will display the post assigned to my custom post

I visited this URL:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

I see this error when trying to use views to create a taxonomy archive

Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in /home/content/75/12692675/html/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/inc/redesign/wpv-section-loop-selection.php on line 301

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Thanks for contacting our forum.

Could you please update your WP to it's latest version , Only backup your database and your files first before you proceed! You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this
purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/ ,( backup is important )

Also please refer to this thread : https://toolset.com/forums/topic/wordpress-archive-fatal-error-with-newly-created-taxonomy/ , for the fatal error problem .

Please let me know if that helps you .

Hey, I've did the backup and updated the wordpress install and it didn't help. Then I followed the instructions in the thread that you sent and deleted the nav_menu from the taxonomy table using phpmyadmin and it deleted the entire menu from my website and didn't fix the issue either

same problem here...

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Thanks for your reply.

To be able to debug the problem I’d like to replicate your site locally. Send me both "duplicator" files you have created (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big , you can also exclude the images if the file is very big ).

I set a next reply as a private reply so you will able to provide a link to download the duplicator package.

Hi Marisa , could you please open a new ticket , to have a dedicated support , it is not recommended and will be difficult to solve two problems at the same ticket.

Best Regards.

The topic ‘[Closed] taxonomy archive error’ is closed to new replies.