Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Taxonomies not manageable from ToolSet Types

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Screenshot 2019-03-22 at 12.26.34.png

I am trying to:
Manage taxonomies that we originally set up against a CPT using a plugin called Go-portfolio

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Admin area

I expected to see:
Toolset types being able to edit the taxonomy details.

Instead, I got:
An error saying 'wrong taxonomy specified'. I can see the taxonomies in the list on the dashboard, they do not appear in the list in the ToolSet Types 'taxonomies' section. Clicking on the taxonomies on the dashboard gives the error.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Ruth

I did some quick testing with a manually registered taxonomy to see what to expect here.

I found that if I registered a taxonomy myself (using the register_taxonomy function) then I would see the taxonomy appear in the Toolset Dashboard against the corresponding post type, and clicking on the taxonomy took me to the Toolset page to edit the taxonomy, and then I saw the same error you report.

Now, this only happens when my code to register the taxonomy is still active.

If I delete it then I don't see the taxonomy appear in the dashboard, so there is no link to take me to the page that produces the error.

So it sounds like whatever you used to register the taxonomy is still active.

You should first de-activate it or delete the code responsible, because you will next need to register the same taxonomy at Toolset > Taxonomies, and it shouldn't be registered twice.

If you set up the taxonomy with the same configuration, e.g. the same singular name and slug, then it should function as before, and any existing data that has terms of the taxonomy assigned should continue to work.

Can you try that?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.