Skip Navigation

[Resolved] taxonomies. How to choose all of the options for a taxonomy when entering a CPT

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to assign a certain amount of taxonomies / terms to many posts at once

Solution:
1. Set the taxonomy to appear in the Post List you want.
Types > Custom Taxonomies > your_taxonomy > Edit > Options
Her you would set show_admin_column to true to make the taxonomy appear in the Post list.

2. Check all posts you want to assign in your Dashboard > Posts and then choose "Edit" from the drop down, and hit "Apply"
Then you can choose the Terms you want to assign to ALL posts and save.

This support ticket is created 8 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by MicheleV864 8 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Untitled drawing.jpg

I am trying to: When entering a custom post type item (ex. Apprenticeships), I have a a taxonomy attached to it called "US States". If I want the apprenticeship I'm entering to apply to all 50 US states, right now I have to click on each one to choose. Is there a way to "Choose All" so that all of the states will automatically be chosen?

I visited this URL:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got: I've attached a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

Thank you for contacting us here in the Support Forum

I understand you want to assign multiple Taxonomies (Terms, actually) to a single post.

That's not possible in WordPress this way.

As you can see even the WordPress Default taxonomy "Categories" does not present this feature.

What you can do is bulk-edit the posts, that way you at least need to check all Terms only once, and not for each post.

To do that, check all posts you want to assign in your Dashboard > Posts and then choose" Edit" from the drop down, and hit "Apply"
Then you can choose the Terms you want to assign to ALL posts and save.

This requires you to set the taxonomy (custom taxonomy) to appear in the Post List.
You can do that in
Types > Custom Taxonomies > your_taxonomy > Edit > Options
Her you would set show_admin_column to true to make the taxonomy appear in the Post list.

Please let me know if you have further questions regarding the issue mentioned in this Thread

Thank you for your patience.

It worked! that's freaking awesome. As usual, thanks so so much!!

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.