Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Taxonomies group in fields not saving

This support ticket is created 5 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.15 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 5 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi,

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I am trying to create term group in custom fields. group name saved but custom fields not saved.

We have created group this link also - hidden link

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Note: - we have using WPML Plugin.

Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Vito

I took a look at your site, but it's in Hebrew, and when I tried switching the user profile language setting to English (so it would affect me, but not the site language) the backend still appears mostly in Hebrew with some English and the layout is messed up.

Long story short, it's not so easy for me to check this.

This isn't a production site, no? Can I change the default site language to English while I investigate, or will that affect anyone looking at the site?

Hi

can you please open a website in google chrome and press left click of a mouse and translate in English

it will work in English

Thanks!

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Vito

I did that and saw the issue with the term field group saving only its title and not the fields you add to it.

I quickly disabled the WPML plugins and switched to English to remove the possibility that the issue was related in any way to the language, but I saw the same.

I have reverted to Hebrew and re-activated WPML for now.

I suggest you try a no-conflict test—in whichever language you are most comfortable with—where you switch theme to twentyseventeen and check to see if it still happens, then disable all non-Toolset plugins and check to see if it still happens.

If not it should be possible to identify the source of the conflict by re-activating the other plugins one by one or in batches.

Let me know what you find.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.